News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

is this a bug --> Vendor terms of service wont save all the text

Started by Venkko, January 15, 2012, 02:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Venkko

Hi! Posted earlier elsewhere on the forum but perhaps this is a bug and this way I can get answer to this...

I have a problem with vendoers terms of service text.

When I add (copy/paste) text on the field it looks allright. I says that I have 640 words.
After I press save / apply and go back to see terms of service it only says that I have 180 words.

Everytime I try to do it if saves different amount of words. something between 150 and 350 words.

Is this know problem or is it just me?

I have copied the text first on notepad++ and only after that to VM2 back-end but it didn't help.

How can I put all my terms of service to the system?

And I have V2.0 and J1.5.23

thanks
www.pikkukoala.fi (J 1.5 & VM 1.1.5)
www.lastentavarat.fi (J 1.5.23 & V2.0.0)

Milbo

This will be updated in the new subrelease.

ATM our language tables are too strict and use too small fields. The reason for this is that we try to use varchar and not text, so the whole thing runs faster (fixed table size). But the restriction is that the fields alltogether must be smaller than 56636 chars, which is smaller, when you use multibyte chars. The new tos field has a size of 15 000 chars.

To solve your problem, just adjust the following sql (the #_ !)and use it with phpmyadmin or similar.
ALTER TABLE `#__virtuemart_vendors_en_gb`  CHANGE COLUMN `vendor_store_desc` `vendor_store_desc` VARCHAR(6000) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER `vendor_phone`,  CHANGE COLUMN `vendor_terms_of_service` `vendor_terms_of_service` VARCHAR(15000) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER `vendor_store_desc`;

on the long run we think about to add tools in the db, to adjust certain fields.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

nzed

Quote from: Milbo on January 15, 2012, 15:23:21 PM
This will be updated in the new subrelease.

ATM our language tables are too strict and use too small fields. The reason for this is that we try to use varchar and not text, so the whole thing runs faster (fixed table size). But the restriction is that the fields alltogether must be smaller than 56636 chars, which is smaller, when you use multibyte chars. The new tos field has a size of 15 000 chars.

To solve your problem, just adjust the following sql (the #_ !)and use it with phpmyadmin or similar.
ALTER TABLE `#__virtuemart_vendors_en_gb`  CHANGE COLUMN `vendor_store_desc` `vendor_store_desc` VARCHAR(6000) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER `vendor_phone`,  CHANGE COLUMN `vendor_terms_of_service` `vendor_terms_of_service` VARCHAR(15000) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER `vendor_store_desc`;

on the long run we think about to add tools in the db, to adjust certain fields.

The fields in table mentioned above have Latin1 encoding, though all of Joomla! and VM is based on UTF-8. I think this is worth updating also.
Or maybe it is already done in later versions because I saw this in V 1.1.9.