News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM2 - Joomla 1.5 (Paypal Setup )

Started by dj55b, January 14, 2012, 23:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj55b

I'm going through the process of basically starting from scratch on making a new website. I'm now using the Joomla 1.5.15 version and virtuemart 2.0. I was using an OScommerce prior to this and there was section in there to input in my API information to have all the funds go to my paypal address. How do I set it up to do so? What are my other options also?

Thanks in advance.

dj55b

Just doing some digging around, seems like going to virtuemart 1.1.x version might be a better option at this point? Better support and less bugs?

jenkinhill

Maybe, but it only works on Joomla 1.5 which is past end of life and out of official support in 3 months.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dj55b

Are you referring to Joomla 1.5 being out or virtuemart 1.1? By official support, you mean form just the parent company correct?

dj55b

Also I should also add that I need to incorporate the Canada Post Module in there somehow.

dj55b

Well found out why my paypal wasn't working ... I guess you can't setup the same email to withdraw as the one that is being deposited too ...

On another topic, trying to setup credit cards to process through paypal.

jenkinhill

In the UK if you have a business PayPal account then credit/debit card payment is available as a selector on the first Paypal page, complete with card logos. On a Premier account there is a card option but it is far less obvious to the shopper.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum