News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Checkout Button

Started by doug4r, January 14, 2012, 16:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug4r

Just installed VM 2.0.

Where do you go to add a checkout button?

The documentation PDF is for version 1.1.  Is there equivalent documentation for 2.0?

Doug

jenkinhill

The checkout link is in the module, VM - Shopping cart, which is installed as part of the aio component for VM2. Use the Joomla module manager to make sure it is enabled and published in a position that exists in your Joomla template.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

doug4r

VM - Shopping Cart is installed and enabled in position-4 which is my left hand menu.  You can see it displayed on my template.  What I'm trying to find is the option that enable/disables the checkout bar.  This is shown in Section 4.5.5 in the VM 1.1 documentation.  In fact, I cannot locate all of the configuration fields shown in Section 4.  I'm sure they're there . . . but where?

PRO

look in the "checkout" tab in vmart configuration

"show checkout steps"

ALSO: while you are in there. Look at every single tab in the configuration, and you will learn a lot faster.

doug4r

Maybe I'm not asking the right question.

What I have is a Joomla Article that is a text list (not a form) of products like:

Writing Pens With Acura Name and Logo - Blue         Add To Cart

Writing Pens With Acura Name and Logo - Red          Add To Cart

I want to place an "Add To Cart" button after each product as shown above.

PRO

at this time there is not a productsnapshots plugin for content.

There was one like that in 1.1

doug4r

So how would you recommend users select products to add to the cart.  I know this can be done through Product Search, but I also want users to be able to browse through the detail product descriptions and choose an item to add to the cart.

Doug

PRO

How about using categories?

doug4r

How would this work?

Can you refer me a web site that has it set up that way.

I have a bunch of categories but need a shopper to see a list of all products in that category and then click to specific product to add it to the cart.

I'm a newbie and am having trouble see how this would be set up and work.

Doug

PRO

go into your menu manager, and create a link to the virtuemart default layout.

When the user clicks that link, they will see all categories. THEN, they can click a category, and all products will be listed

doug4r

Perfect!

That's exactly what I want.

Can you give me the steps I need to follow to create a link to the virtuemart default layout.  I looked at a Main Menu menu, but I don't see how to do this there.

Doug

PRO

Click, new to add a menu item. Then u should see it

doug4r

Okay.

My default Joomla Template is:

WhiteandRed

I have a Product Category called:

Writing Pens

and I updated it with:

Link Type Options
          Link Title Attribute: WhiteandRed

but no cigar.

PRO

what , lool

MAKE A NEW MENU ITEM,

CLICK THE BUTTON
Menu Item Type *

CHOOSE VMART DEFAULT LAYOUT

doug4r

It finally dawned on me that maybe I need to click on the Virtuemart menu item for this to work.  And, that did it!!!

I do receive a message:

"The chosen template couldn't be found on the filesystem: WhiteandRed"

How do I get rid of that?