News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[solved] Problem with completing the Address 1 line on the frontend

Started by Relax1ng, January 13, 2012, 17:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Relax1ng

Hi

I am new to Joomla using latest version 1.7.3 and new to virtueMart using Version 2

When I test as a customer the frontend cart, on the page for registartion where i enter all the billing and delivery details I cannot enter anything into the 'Address 1' field (both billing and delivery) and so cannot move to the next step in the checkout process. This happens no matter which template I use.

Using Firebug (again first time) I get the following:

<input id="address_1_field" class="required invalid" type="text" readonly="readonly" maxlength="64" value="" size="30" name="address_1" aria-required="true" required="required" aria-invalid="true">

Having looked at other compulsory fields I didnt see in the code the "read only" bit, so I edited it out in firebug and was able to complete the field and move to the next page in the process

So my questions are:

1 How do I change the real code (I am not technical)?

2 How come I have this problem in the first place

Any help would be much appreciated

Milbo

Hmm strange thing, did you edit the shopperfields? Atm on clue, sorry.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a [url=http://extensions.virtuemart.net/support/virtuemart-supporter-membership-detail]member[/url]

Relax1ng

Hi Milbo

I did a complete clean re-install and new database. BUT i didnt load a template that was advertised as working with J1.7.3 and VM2. Problem solved

Must ahve been a conflict with that template

Many thanks

robboh69

Not Solved for me! I encountered something very similair.

Virtuemart 2.0 | Joomla 1.7.3 | with a template made in Artisteer.

My first paying customer had typed in Zip-code "FIN-12345" wich gave problems choosing delivery-type, since I had defined zips in the range 00001 - 99999...
Anyway I realized this was his problem, so I quickly logged in to change his Zip to "12345" I also went ahead to write a tool-tip "only number please".

All was well and good and he managed to place his order.

How ever now when I go to register a new customer or try to edit zip, it has the readonly="readonly" and will not let me edit or enter the Zip.

I also have no clue why this occurs.. It has anyways effectively shut down the ability to order in my shop.

Where can I go in and fix this manually?

robboh69

Well. Right now the subject of this post is kind of justified on my issue...

I went in to php myadmin and in the database I changed the attribute of my zip info in "virtuemart_userfields" where "readonly" was set to "1" I changed it to "0".

This seems to have corrected my problem, but I still have no clue why this occured in the first place.

Keep up the great work Team-VM!! :)