News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Quantity based prices

Started by nullachtfuffzehn, January 13, 2012, 14:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nullachtfuffzehn

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a possibility to add quantity based prices to my VM2 shop. By now I didn't find where to set them up. I was wondering why, since the older versions did it quite easy. Did I overlook something?

I also was searching the forums in different ways, but didn't find any related topics.

Anyone who can help me out?

Thanks Nully.

lopatin

Hi, I have same problem with VM2. Can antybody help please?
tables in vm2 databease are able for this...

Thanks

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

andypage

Hi Nully, I'm sure that I will be corrected if I am wrong, but the Quantity Based Prices module referred to above does not seem to update based on the content of the cart.

It calculates based on each item added from the store / catalogue.

So if you are looking to add 20 x Red shirt, 20 x blue shirt, 20 x white shirts (3 versions of same product) - you will get the discount for 20 shirts three times and not the discount for 60 shirts.

Does anyone know when the plugin is being updated to include cart calculation?

PRO

Quote from: andypage on March 24, 2012, 01:13:08 AM
Hi Nully, I'm sure that I will be corrected if I am wrong, but the Quantity Based Prices module referred to above does not seem to update based on the content of the cart.

It calculates based on each item added from the store / catalogue.

So if you are looking to add 20 x Red shirt, 20 x blue shirt, 20 x white shirts (3 versions of same product) - you will get the discount for 20 shirts three times and not the discount for 60 shirts.

Does anyone know when the plugin is being updated to include cart calculation?

You can do a regular calculation rule by category etc.

BUT: you will not be able to set a specific price.

You can do a -$20,  or -20%

Thats in the core

partswench

I hate to be really dense but have been trying to get this done for a while.
Could you give more specific instructions,.  I just can't seem to get it to come out right

or could you point me to some kind of doc

thanks much