2.0.0-RC-2H -> 2 : vmError: portLanguageFieldsTableProducts: :store fehlgeschl

Started by meinekatze, January 12, 2012, 13:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meinekatze

greets,

trying to update from 2.0.0-RC-2H to 2.0 but no success.
i've set languages, used intermediate version ..

J1.7.3 ger(default)/eng

my error:

vmError: portLanguageFieldsTableProducts: :store fehlgeschlagen!
Unknown column 'product_params' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `aoxgp_virtuemart_products` SET `virtuemart_vendor_id`='1',`product_parent_id`='0',`product_sku`='11010',`product_weight`='0.0000',`product_weight_uom`='KG',`product_length`='0.0000',`product_width`='0.0000',`product_height`='0.0000',`product_lwh_uom`='M',`product_url`='',`product_in_stock`='0',`product_ordered`='0',`low_stock_notification`='0',`product_available_date`='2011-10-10 00:00:58',`product_availability`='',`product_special`='0',`product_sales`='0',`product_packaging`='0',`product_params`='min_order_level=0|max_order_level=0|',`intnotes`='',`metarobot`='',`metaauthor`='',`layout`='nke2prod',`published`='1',`created_on`='2011-10-10 11:23:34',`created_by`='42',`modified_on`='2012-01-12 11:55:29',`modified_by`='42' WHERE `virtuemart_product_id`='1'

looking at my tables ...products_de_de, there is the one product until the error occurs.
it's obviously still a language problem here :(

thanks

jjk

You can try this: Go to 'Tools & Migration' (Werkzeuge => Aktualisierungen/ Migration) and click on "Installiere Tabellen oder falls notwendig aktualisiere diese".
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

meinekatze

before update?
because the (product)table content gets lost at update. there is nothing to repair.

jjk

Well, when you do a major update, it's always a good idea to to try it on a copy of your site on your local PC first.
At least make a backup of your database (export to file with phpMyAdmin) and the Joomla/Virtuemart folders first.

Did you use Akeeba live update and does VM2 tell you that "You have the latest version 2.0.0"? If you are still on an older version, try this first.
If I remember correctly, the RC-2H version was not yet multilingual. So updating the database tables will move some content to "de" and "en" tables. If your content is german language, make shure your Joomla frontend language is set to german as the default language, before you click on "Installiere Tabellen oder falls notwendig aktualisiere diese". (This button normally does not delete any content in the tables, but it might move some).
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

meinekatze

thank you for your replies, but the problem is in the install itself.
it seems to convert the tables but fails to do so with the above error.
updating the database before obviously wont make a difference and after install, all table entries (only products! not categories) are lost save the first until it fails.

neither live update or manual update or any language setting will help.
and yes, ofc i did backups ;)

cheers

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

Du musst zuerst von vm1.9.8H auf com_virtuemart2.0.0_RC3_Pre_M_extract_first.zip updaten

Dann von dort auf die final. Das ist leider notwendig geworden.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

meinekatze

nope. sorry. tried all possible variations with all set german, all set to english. used your suggested package.
still errors and a wiped original product table (see attachements).
products_de only conatin one product until error.

cheers

[attachment cleanup by admin]