News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

ongoing issue with no vendor emails - fresh install works but now what?

Started by bunglehaze, January 24, 2012, 15:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunglehaze

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95733.0 The original thread which seems to be being ignored by the devs as there has been no input since the start of January....

I have installed a fresh copy of VM2 and with it the paypal and a test product, first test order came through OK and I believe 100% this is due to the shop config not knowing who the vendor is to which the emails go out to.  There are no other settings I can see that would be different so as in the first thread the question is still valid - how do I go through the database and check the vendor details or set them up?

The only other option left to me is to try and manually convert the existing db of thousands of products in to the fresh install which if I am honest I am more likely to just look for a different option than VM2 based entirely on how many issues people are posting up in this forum and how few are actually being acknowledged or responded to. I am frustrated that my site is not working but more so that us end users seem to be abandoned by the developers for even the slightest bit of help - I helped diagnose a few of the bugs in the RC's and was told the bugs i found didnt exist initially - after posting more data the bugs were worked out, this is one of those times IMO.

In my case I have gone through every aspect of my existing site, fed all my findings back in the thread posted already and am clearly lost.  Many others are reporting the same issue so can someone either advise what we need to look for, which db tables the vendor/storeadmin is linked to, what the SQL should be like or if this is not an option how on earth to migrate a broken VM2 into a fresh install without days and days of manual conversion.

bunglehaze

I am looking at my VM_USER_INFO table and my admin user ID seems to be missing, my vendor is be set as: ID 1105, VM_USERS has ID 1105 with  VIRTUEMART_VENDOR_ID = 1 and USER_IS_VENDOR = 1

Why would my user be missing from the vm_user_info table? Would this be the reason the shop doesnt recognise an email address to send to?