News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Not able to select payment or shipping option during Checkout

Started by tbscat, January 12, 2012, 01:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbscat

I have VM2 (RC3) installed on Joomla 1.7.3

I've set up a store and assigned one shipping method and two payment methods in the backend. All three are assigned to the default shopper group (the only shopper group in the store), but I've also tried with no shopper group set. When I add any products to the cart, I am able to view the cart, but in the table there two buttons: "Select shipment" and "Select payment" (next to the this one it says "No payment selected").

When I click on "Select shipment", nothing happens - the page refreshes.

When I click on "Select payment", I'm taken to a new page that says "Please select a payment method" at the top, with a Save and Cancel button. No payment options are listed. And yes, the payment methods in the backend are published :)

I can't find an obvious problem that would be causing this. I've tried updating the database tables and restoring the system defaults - neither has worked. I've tried checking out as a registered user and as a guest, and neither works.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Venkko

Hi!

Have you add bill to or ship to address? or logged in?

If not try to add address and check after that will you be able to select payment or shipment method.

www.pikkukoala.fi (J 1.5 & VM 1.1.5)
www.lastentavarat.fi (J 1.5.23 & V2.0.0)

tbscat

I already have a billing address entered. I've tried with and without a shipping address. I've also tried logged in and not logged in. No matter what I do, no options show up on the Select Payment or Select Shipping pages. This is the code from the main section of the Select Payment page:

<form method="post" id="userForm" name="choosePaymentRate" action="/~mcaqua/index.php?option=com_virtuemart" class="form-validate">
<div style="text-align: right; width: 100%;">
    <button class="button" type="submit">Save</button>

<button class="button" type="reset" onClick="window.location.href='/~mcaqua/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&amp;view=cart'" >Cancel</button>
</div>
Please select a payment method<fieldset>
</fieldset>
    <input type="hidden" name="option" value="com_virtuemart" />
    <input type="hidden" name="view" value="cart" />
    <input type="hidden" name="task" value="setpayment" />
    <input type="hidden" name="controller" value="cart" />
</form>

The cart's main purpose is to allow users to purchase uniforms and other gear, which will be distributed in person, so shipping isn't even needed - but I'm aware VM needs shipping to be declared to function.

jenkinhill

heatherrose I presume you are running VM2.0 final now? You can set a free (zero price) option on the shipping plugin included in the com_virtuemart_ext_aio.2.0.0 package.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum