News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM2 and multisite or replication

Started by llit, January 12, 2012, 00:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llit

Hi,

I have an existing site using joomla and vm 1.x in catalog-only mode, and it needs updating. The customer dropped a bit of a bombshell on my by saying that they wanted to replicate the content on a second domain, but with a different skin, contact, front page etc.

Is there any way to readily do that between two sites? Joomla doesn't really seem to do multisite out of the box, and not sure how else to attack the probem apart from Magento perhaps.

Ta,

till

Venkko

Hi!

Thanks for asking this  ;D

I did ask same question sometime ago but did not get any answers. So I don't think that virtuemart 2 have multisite support as I have't find anything for this on the forums od on the vm back-end.

However for VM 1.1 there is joomla extensions called jms2win which can do multisite and it supports VM.
I did just check their page to find out have they updated VM2 support and yes they have.

Oh I am so happy for this  ;D so thank you for asking this...

Version 1.2.68 : Add definition of Easyblog, JWallpaper, VirtueMart 2.0

http://www.jms2win.com/

-Venkko-
www.pikkukoala.fi (J 1.5 & VM 1.1.5)
www.lastentavarat.fi (J 1.5.23 & V2.0.0)

jenkinhill

I can recommend  multisite from Jms. The price is low enough at €49.99 to buy and try. A client of mine uses it for his holiday cottages, and once I had set up the initial Joomla site for him he added MS himself with the aid of Jms support, which at €75/hour may seem a lot, but he is more than happy. Once they have J2.5 covered I will be upgrading the sites for him.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

llit

I think I'll go a cut-down version of magento in the end. It does multisite out of the box and I can just removed what I need to make it a catalog instead of a a shop.