News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Fatal error: Allowed memory size...product.php on line 553 [SOLVED]

Started by dmuntean, January 11, 2012, 03:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmuntean

Well it's sort of solved. Here is the deal:

When clicking on the products tap I get the following error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 94 bytes) in /(domain crap here)/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php on line 553.

It seems to be a direct result of a pagination bug with the products tab back end. At least in my case, after trying to save a product, the script returns me to the products tab but actually loads all my products in one page(No Pagination). All 17,000 of them! Joomla debug logged 143,005 queries and 490MB of memory consumed. My host must think I'm nuts.

I think the core of the bug was pretty much recorded and acknowledged here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=87899

So hopefully we'll see a fix!

samsontumanyan

In the file   
           .htaccess
write                                                        php_value memory_limit 64M

(this will increase memory limit for PHP scripts running)
and place the file in the root directory of your site.
:)

dmuntean

Well i figured out the root of my problem. Updated the OP, so hopefully if anyone else runs into this problem, this might help.