News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Going from 2.0 to 1.1.9

Started by stephysm, January 11, 2012, 16:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephysm

Is it possible to go back to a previous version? I installed 2.0 fresh but I have had nothing but problems and there are no plugin for 2.0 that I NEED. Can someone give me some insight on going backwards? I get an error when I try to install the old version. I'm running Joomla 1.5.25.

PRO

do you have a backup? akeeba is a must for joomla

stephysm

Yes, I have Akeeba and I have back ups but that doesn't help me because I did a direct install of 2.0. This is a brand new website and because of all the issues I'm having I want to install the older version that has plugins that will help my site run. Right now because of the shortage of plugins my store cannot process payments. I really really need to go back but when I try and install the older version I get this error: There was an error uploading this file to the server.

Any ideas?

PRO

there is not a backwards migrator

if you started in 2.0 it wont be easy

stephysm

I've begun to notice that. I have removed every trace that I could find of VirtueMart within the FTP but I still can't get anything else to upload. I've tried everything down to 1.1.5. It shouldn't be this difficult. I've never seen anything like this. This is maddening.

PRO

install 2.0, THEN, do an actual "uninstall"

stephysm

I have done that but it leaves files behind and they do not work with the install of a previous version. I'm having a heck of a time with this software.

PRO

Could be a couple things happening.

IF its files, you just can delete the

administrator/components/com_virtuemart

and
components/com_virtuemart

BUT, you could also have a link in the admin menu thats causing problems.

SO, that would need to be deleted in the database.

thats all I can think of as far as problems you can get. You haven't said the exact errors.

stephysm

Everything you said I did. I was able to install VM 1.1.4 but I can't get anything after that to install. I keep getting an error that the files cannot be uploaded to the server. I went in the database and deleted everything as well. I'm just not sure why I can't get anything else after 1.1.4 to install.

PRO

if you have 1.1.4 on there, you use a patch package, and FTP it over