News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product and Custom Field pricing frustration!

Started by domin8tor24, January 11, 2012, 03:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domin8tor24

I'm starting to pull my hair out over this, because it surely can't be this hard? Can it?

I have a product (Product A) with Option A (same as original price, $25.00), Option B ($30.00), Option C ($35.00) - these options are obviously the different values of the custom field.

I DONT wish to have the additional options displayed as "+$5.00", simply, just as $30.00 etc. and when this is added to cart, it is displayed as $30.00.

Currently, the $30.00 is ADDED to the original price (=$55.00) which is not desired. Now, I know there is the potential to edit the core file systems to remove the 'free' etc. etc. however it  leaves a messy look with the ':' or whatever you replace it with and is a rather unnecessary process.

Any help would be amazingly appreciated. Cheers!

sandstorm

Any luck with this yet?

I have a product A, that has a cart variant for size & colour.  I personally am not to bothered about the +$5.00 (but this would be nice as a parameter toggle??)

But If I have  a cart variant with 5 or so colours, each one of the says ": Free " next to it.

Is there anyway to get rid of this ": Free" text ??

[attachment cleanup by admin]
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

domin8tor24

imclaudia

There is simply not much help on this site.

I have searched for hours about how to deal with this basic issue and not one answer.

I too do not want to charge extra per custom field color, not want it to display Free next to the color. The link mentioned here does not help at all.

Could someone one please take charge of this problem and come up with a working solution. I do love working with VirtueMart and do appreciate its availability but am very disappointed in the support.

I need to be able to offer color options without price being added or to have Free displayed on the drop down.

Thank you!

I am running VM 1.9H on Joomla 1.7

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

domin8tor24

Hi,

Thanks for the reply regarding VM 2.0.1 - upgraded today and certain things are looking better already.

Still can not find a solution to the problem however. Any hints?

Kind regards,

d0ublezer0

Hello
I can not solve the problem (it was already discussed on the forum) - say, the product has a base price of 100 euros. I create a custom field type "attribute of the box", add it to the product, and point out modifications, such as the color "white", cost 120 euros.
The final price of goods obtained by 220 euros although I expect that it will be equal to 120 euros.
If we draw an analogy with the previous version of Virtuemart, you could put an equal sign in an attribute (= 120), but this method does not work - this value is a string value, not a number.

How to make sure that the price listed is an attribute to be finite, but not modified the basic price?

One could calculate the difference between the basic price and modified price, and specify the attributes of only the difference. But then in the list of options for the goods we will see exactly the difference, not the value of the goods - it is not convenient for the customer.

P.S. I uses VM 2.0.1b
- Google Translation (sorry for that)

d0ublezer0

As a temporary solution can help this version:
VM 2.0.1b,
file administrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\customfields.php
line 579

Need to remove the display of prices for goods modifications:
change this line:
$productCustom->text = $productCustom->custom_value.' '. $price;
to this line:
$productCustom->text = $productCustom->custom_value;

You can then create modified products (color / size / etc), to indicate to them, only the difference in price of basic goods prices. Modified price will not be displayed and will not confuse the visitor. In this case the final price of the goods will be calculated correctly.

Please note that this is a hack and not a normal solution.

mangotti

To eliminat the "FREE" text, add this to your override file (/public_html/language/overrides/en-GB.override.ini)
COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE=""

Quote from: sandstorm on January 17, 2012, 18:01:26 PM
Any luck with this yet?

I have a product A, that has a cart variant for size & colour.  I personally am not to bothered about the +$5.00 (but this would be nice as a parameter toggle??)

But If I have  a cart variant with 5 or so colours, each one of the says ": Free " next to it.

Is there anyway to get rid of this ": Free" text ??

nebular

I have the same problem here.

I need to put the price with tax in the custom field but I canĀ“t do it, please could you tell me how I can change it?
Please I wondering if there are someone that know how override the default price instead of adding to it?

Thanks in advance.

nebular

Quote from: domin8tor24 on January 11, 2012, 03:21:24 AM
I'm starting to pull my hair out over this, because it surely can't be this hard? Can it?

I have a product (Product A) with Option A (same as original price, $25.00), Option B ($30.00), Option C ($35.00) - these options are obviously the different values of the custom field.

I DONT wish to have the additional options displayed as "+$5.00", simply, just as $30.00 etc. and when this is added to cart, it is displayed as $30.00.

Currently, the $30.00 is ADDED to the original price (=$55.00) which is not desired. Now, I know there is the potential to edit the core file systems to remove the 'free' etc. etc. however it  leaves a messy look with the ':' or whatever you replace it with and is a rather unnecessary process.

Any help would be amazingly appreciated. Cheers!

Nobody know how we Change the custom fileds to do it?

Thanks.

John2400

I'm sure this will be a feature in future versions-

+ Yes the only way I can do it is say in the attribute text that first attribute is standard _ "thus 0" dollars are entered

then the next attribute is say large" then write - large is an extra $10 dollars - this the product price is added to the original. But it ends up also in the cart wording and does not look pretty.

VM 1 solution was easy and the wording matched the price.

look forward to this - really just typing to add my support.

ciriman

Quote from: d0ublezer0 on January 31, 2012, 08:05:25 AM
As a temporary solution can help this version:
VM 2.0.1b,
file administrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\customfields.php
line 579

Need to remove the display of prices for goods modifications:
change this line:
$productCustom->text = $productCustom->custom_value.' '. $price;
to this line:
$productCustom->text = $productCustom->custom_value;

You can then create modified products (color / size / etc), to indicate to them, only the difference in price of basic goods prices. Modified price will not be displayed and will not confuse the visitor. In this case the final price of the goods will be calculated correctly.

I do not find these values ​​in any file. I'm using is version 2.0.8e.
my problem is to hide the surcharge by the voices of custom fields. Can you help?