News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM2 Customer registration

Started by jamedia, January 11, 2012, 00:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamedia

Hi,

I just want to know what the best way to set up the VM Registration form, should I use joomla's or VM2?

I tried to setup joomla's but it seems that it's not connecting with VM2 registration, specially when you try to edit within the shopping cart, all I get are empty forms even though I am logged in, but when I tried to use VM2's registration I get errors.

Thank You

tobisagt

You have a VM2 registration form? I thought there is none...  ???

jfoc

I've had the same problem for weeks now, i dont know if there's a solution for this problem.. my post got only one answer and didn't solve it... if you find a way to make it work please let me know! thanks

jamedia

After going through the whole VM2 setup I didn't really find much, I believe the way it suppose to work you have to use joomla registration and login and once a customers register and then login through joomla they'll have to edit their info on VM by adding their billing and shipping address.

I been doing website for a while and I used tons of shopping cart but normally you enter all your information (shipping and billing) right when you register, I believe it was like that on previous version of VM.

I hope that I am wrong, and please if anybody out there can help us out that would be greatly appreciated.

kvant_doan

Same probs with u.

I have to add users from back-end in joomla. Are there any convenient ways for users to register in VM2?

jamedia

You have to setup a joomla registration and login menu but once they are registered to your site they can add their shipping and billing address on VM.

I believe that's the correct way to do it.

jfoc

yes, that's the only solution I found too. The problem is that if you enable the "register at checkout" option, your customers can't complete the registration because the e-mail field is set as "read only" in the VM configuration. So that's a major issue since its a good idea to let the new customers add items to their cart and register when they are checking out. To tell you the truth I'm very disapointed with this issue, I wanted to migrate my shop to VM2 but now I'm considering other e-commerce solution available, since nobody seems to know how to solve this. Anyway, if I get this working I'll let you know, good luck!

lipes

I've got same problem in user registration on VM 2.0.
I even cant register an "demo user" to test it. We got so many forms and i dont know how to disable or remove them.

My full questions in this post:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=94819.msg317333#msg317333
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

JohnnyC

I've been searching that long time now with no luck... I've also started a thread with some questions including this one
(http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96460.msg317132#msg317132)

My conclusions are:

• VM2 uses the Joomla registration to create shoppers and vise versa
  • Only the basic information are being "copied" to create accounts in the two systems
  • Creating an account (in Joomla for example) it is created in Applications->Contacts too...(!)
So, my suggestions are:

• Use the Joomla and VM2 registration with the same fields. If the user creates the account through one system, he will have to reenter information when he comes to the other, but in most cases this will happen only once... The exception is when someone wants to change his information
  • Find a hack (I don't know how, it's just a thought) while VM "grabs" or "gives" the basic info to Joomla to create the other account, to make it do the same with other information fields...
  • Maybe there is a way to use or synchronize the Contacts information and we haven't "seen" it yet

Expecting ideas...

lipes

argh! :(

My suggestion its Praying to All the VM Saints programmers that they include in VM 2.0.1 a good User Registration to all people.

oskaraz

I have similar problem . 
In user registration form need only user name and password , but if need add adress or another information , field can't bee edited. WTFpleace help........

Milbo

Sorry guys, I overlooked this thread:

Solution:
it is quite easy you can do it directly, just not completly clicki, you need to copy this
/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=editaddress

Go in your menuitem, choose external link or so and use the link above, done. It is already working. Just the xml is missing so that you can't choose it in the menu item manager.

What happened? We just never thought about a customer who is registering first. When you would have tried the checkout, you would understand that the registration process is fully implemented in the checkout. When I registered at a shop, I do this always during the checkout. I point again on this topic here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96438.0 in the FAQ. I explained a bit further

Quote from: JohnnyC on January 17, 2012, 09:55:48 AM
VM2 uses the Joomla registration to create shoppers and vise versa
yes

Only the basic information are being "copied" to create accounts in the two systems
There is no second account created. Every joomla user is a shopper. The vmuser table is there to store "overwrites" of the normal behaviour.

• Creating an account (in Joomla for example) it is created in Applications->Contacts too...(!)
Maybe since j1.7, imho the com_contact is not automatically connected to an account. Additionally to that use the most people not com_contact, most use directly a community tool, like Community builder, joomsocial and so on.

• Use the Joomla and VM2 registration with the same fields. If the user creates the account through one system, he will have to reenter information when he comes to the other, but in most cases this will happen only once... The exception is when someone wants to change his information
  • Find a hack (I don't know how, it's just a thought) while VM "grabs" or "gives" the basic info to Joomla to create the other account, to make it do the same with other information fields...
  • Maybe there is a way to use or synchronize the Contacts information and we haven't "seen" it yet

Awful missunderstanding of the com_contact system. I do not really get the problem. Virtuemart has its own address handling as many other components. It is not meant to work with com_contact. It was not useable for j1.5, we tried but found big structural problems with it (when I remember write it was not automatically connected to a user this time).

Just for your information: In Vm1.1 you had two completly different datasets + com_contact. now when you change your email in virtuemart, the email of joomla changed Because it is exactly the same data. We use completly the joomla account. But com_contact is NOT a joomla account. It is like your addressbook in your email program which can be connected to a joomla account. and to underline again, there exist NO virtuemart accounts anymore, that is vm1.1.

You can create just a joomla user and he can act as a shopper, but you can also use this link /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=editaddress to have a registration form with the vm information.

Btw components like Community builder do the synchronisation, between com_contact and virtuemart, already (afaik)

PS: I think I remember the problem, create a contact and change the email of the contact,.. afaik the email of your user account does not change. This is not intended in a shopsystem. Maybe they changed it in j1.7, but I am quite sure that was the blocker in j1.5.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

JohnnyC

Ok, the /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=editaddress is gonna work!!!
I only need two more things:

• How can I change the above only for the shoppers/registered users:

• Hide or make uneditable the Customer id/Internal VM user ID at Shopper Information
    • Hide Shopper Group and parameters at General User Information
  • Is there any way to embed this path to the Joomla's login module for the "Create an account" link? Or just redirect it. Or make a new VM-Login module to use. So that "Create an account" will go to the path /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user and not /login?view=registration. This way we won't have a register link in the middle of nowhere but in the same place with login, remind and reset

Thanks!

lipes

Good afternoon.
The address: /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=editaddress
Gives-me the same error result that i said here in my post (with photo description):
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96529.msg317613#msg317613

John2400

I found that the short way for me to find the shoppers list is to open shop then click CANCEL - this solved 90% of my issues in the shop.

OR click on the Virtuemart symbol that shows the control panel and the shoppers are displayed above products.

Upgrading to 2.0.1 also solved some of these issues for me.