News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Custom Fields > Simple Drop down list containing Small, Medium, Large

Started by jaycfc123007, January 10, 2012, 21:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaycfc123007

hi guys,

I'm new to Virtuemart 2.0. This seems a really simple thing to want to do but for the life of me I can't see how. Basically I want a product lets say a ring. And then a drop down menu that the customer would choose Small, Medium or Large size.

Hopefully this is a really simple fix. Help would be much appreciated. I have looked at similar queries like the one that has the picture attached and the AJAX code but I cant seem to get that.

eternally grateful !

OpenGlobal

This seems to be one of the most frequently asked questions about VM 2.0. It seems that dropdown lists just don't work. In fact, custom fields pretty much don't work.

I'm sorry to say that they've accidentally released an alpha state product as version 2.0. This version is sooo promising, but they've released it just a bit too early.

jaycfc123007

Thanks for the link. Thats the one I referred to in my post. I can't get the AJAX code at the bottom.  Thanks for your time though.

PRO

jaycfc123007

Again thanks for the quick response, much appreciated.

I have done a quick screen capture video showing that I'm using Firefox , please see http://www.mecmesincorp.com/Custom_Fields.mp4, Now all I want is a simple drop down giving the customer three options. Small, medium, large. I'm obviously missing something and would be very grateful for any help.

thanks again

jaycfc123007

ah brillant! thanks

works a charm. A little issue though,  it writes "Free" when I dont set a value or I set a value to 0, can this be removed? so it just says Small, medium or large?

thanks again. much appreciated.

jjk

Quote from: jaycfc123007 on January 11, 2012, 17:00:07 PM
it writes "Free" when I dont set a value or I set a value to 0, can this be removed? so it just says Small, medium or large?

The key/string has recently been changed in the SVN version to:
COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE="No additional charge"
which I think makes more sense. You could also change it to something like "+$0.00"
It's in the frontend and backend en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini files.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations