One parent product with stockable child products in product details only

Started by JJBW, January 10, 2012, 12:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJBW

Hi all

Can you now have one parent product in the category layout with several stockable child products in the product details only?

For example like this:

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-long-sleeve-zip-tech-t-shirt-mens-444150?colcode=44415092

When you select a different colour from the colour dropdown box the image changes accordingly and will inform you if it's out of stock.

Is this possible please?  Quite desparate to get thid working!!

Many thanks for your time.

wortex

I there,

I want a similar thing for VM2.
In a past project i did exactly this configuration, but was in J1.5.25 with VM 1.18.
I managed to create only one parent product, and when you click to see the details view for that product, the child products are listing in the product description. It could been a dropdownlist and work like your example, but i altered the addtocart_list_multi.tpl.php and the browse tempaltes for my needs. Nothing special, only arranging the table and some css for styling.

I want the same parent/chil control for J1.7 and VM2.0, is it possible?

I cannot understand the connections of the attributs. Do we have atributes for child products, ie, product variants? I attached an jpg with the VM1.18 that i configured in J1.5.25 with the child product variations.

Need some advise in this issue, please, since if its not possible to make the same thing in VM2, i will have to use the 1.19 insted, since i could easely make child products with custom attributs for each one.

Thanks, and hope JJBW also gets an answer for his issue, since its very similar to mine.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

I am told an extended plugin for this will be available soon, together with other plugins. The developers are working on the site area to make these available. eg http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=94522.msg316330#msg316330
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

JJBW

Hi Jenkinhill

Thanks for your reply.  Your link is for a quantity plugin.  All I want is a variant option that when selected can change the main product image with stock values.  Is this coming soon?

Thanks.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

JJBW

Thanks again for your reply.

Do you have a list of plugins available and available soon?

Many thanks.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK