Previous topic - Next topic

yoav

I get this error:
http://www.קררי.co.il/test1/vm2-error.jpg

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

fbcyborg

Hello,

I have a problem on a fresh install too.
Joomla! 1.7.3 and Virtuemart 2 (latest version).

This is what I see in the frontend:

After these errors the products are listed as usual.

and in the backend in the Products list:

I've also tried to set the allow_url_fopen variable to "On" in my php configuration file but it doesn't solve the problem.

I really don't understand how to fix it.

Apache 2.2.21
PHP-5.3.8
MySQL 5.1.56

jenkinhill

Sounds like your server is using the default php.ini that comes with PHP5.3.x so it is set to report all php warnings etc - turn them off in php.ini or in .htaccess if your server permits it. You should find that VM runs OK.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

fbcyborg

Hi,

thanks for replying. Actually my server uses the default php.ini that comes with the php-5.3 installation.
The first thing I've checked is just the error_reporting parameter in the php.ini file, and it is set to E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE.
I had a similar problem in the past and setting the error_reporting to E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE solved the issue, but not this time.
I also tried to set display_errors to Off, but still no success.

I tried even more combinations for the error_reporting parameter but I can't find one that allows to get those message disappeared.

By the way: the server is my own PC, at localhost.

Ros

I cannot install it either.
The msg is:
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
Unable to find install package

Huh...
I am just beginner to Joomla 1.7 and VM.  I tried to install VM       com_virtuemart.2.0.0_extract_first.zip   according to Joomla instructions through Extension Manager - Install.  I have already sucessfully installed other extensions (zip packages) to Joomla.  Is it anything wrong with VM package? or Did I make some booboo during installation?

Please help.  Thanks.

jenkinhill

Like it says, "extract first".

After unzipping the package ("extracting" in English) on your PC you will have two components. Then see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96367.msg316918#msg316918
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

fbcyborg

I used this file to install virtuemart: com_virtuemart.2.0.0.zip
Could it be the cause of my problem?

Vorwaerts

Quote from: fbcyborg on January 15, 2012, 13:49:28 PM

Yes that file is the correct one. But I still receive the same error as fbcyborg:

when trying to install 2.0.0 on a fresh 1.7.3 installation. Been going through directory permissions as usual but those seems fine.

Installing it manually worked with some minor warnings that was related to permissions on the /images/ folder. Try using these steps fbcyborg:
1. Manually extract the file you mentioned above.
2. Upload the content to your /tmp/ folder.
3. Install the package using the 'Install from Directory' section - syntax on a VPS: (/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/tmp/).
4. All should be well IF your permissions are correct on all the affected directories
J! 1.5.25 | VM 1.1.9 | MySQL 5.0.51a | 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.17

fbcyborg

Now I'm going to try with Joomla! 2.5 and virtuemart 2.0. Hope this works...

Vorwaerts

Quote from: fbcyborg on January 18, 2012, 14:43:32 PM
Now I'm going to try with Joomla! 2.5 and virtuemart 2.0. Hope this works...

No I would'nt waste my time doing this - see my update above with some guidance please.

Vorwaerts

Quote from: fbcyborg on January 12, 2012, 23:51:16 PM
Hi,

thanks for replying. Actually my server uses the default php.ini that comes with the php-5.3 installation.
The first thing I've checked is just the error_reporting parameter in the php.ini file, and it is set to E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE.
I had a similar problem in the past and setting the error_reporting to E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE solved the issue, but not this time.
I also tried to set display_errors to Off, but still no success.

I tried even more combinations for the error_reporting parameter but I can't find one that allows to get those message disappeared.

By the way: the server is my own PC, at localhost.

Did you restart the apache service to reload the new settings?

fbcyborg

Quote from: Vorwaerts on January 18, 2012, 14:39:36 PM
Quote from: fbcyborg on January 15, 2012, 13:49:28 PM

Yes that file is the correct one. But I still receive the same error as fbcyborg:

when trying to install 2.0.0 on a fresh 1.7.3 installation. Been going through directory permissions as usual but those seems fine.

Installing it manually worked with some minor warnings that was related to permissions on the /images/ folder. Try using these steps fbcyborg:
1. Manually extract the file you mentioned above.
2. Upload the content to your /tmp/ folder.
3. Install the package using the 'Install from Directory' section - syntax on a VPS: (/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/tmp/).
4. All should be well IF your permissions are correct on all the affected directories

Thanks! It worked and no more warnings are present.