News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Joomla "Add to Cart" green hulk button.

Started by inner, January 09, 2012, 11:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inner

Hi all,
I was wondering if someone could help me out with a little problem I am having with virtuemart, attached is an image of add to cart button (which I've nick named "Hulk Button"), for some reason it is not applying the joomla template theme.

I am using Joomla 1.7.x , Virtuemart 2.x

Attachment 1 : is the current state of the button
Attachment 2 : is what is is supposed to look like
Attachment 3 : is my template settings in Virtuemart

Select the default template for your Shop : skullsdownunder (my joomla template)
Category Template :  skullsdownunder (my joomla template)
Category Layout & Product layout : Both do not display my template, although 'a' tutoral I read appears to require that setting to be set with the template I wish to use 'skullsdownunder', but the template does not appear in the list settings.

If you could help out it would be great.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

JtouchMobile.com

If skullsdownunder is your default Joomla template, then you do not need to specify it in VM setting.

To modify the "Add to cart" button, just do a css overwrite the this define:

File: /components/com_virtuemart/assets/css/vmsite-ltr.css
Css code of:
span.addtocart-button input.addtocart-button, span.addtocart-button input.notify-button

;)
Author of Jtouch - Mobile solution for Joomla & VirtueMart
http://www.jtouchmobile.com

inner

inner

Well I thought it would work, every override I've wrrittne so far has works as documented.

I copied : vmsite-ltr.css;
from \htdocs\skullsdownunder\components\com_virtuemart\assets\css
to \htdocs\skullsdownunder\templates\skullsdownunder\html\com_virtuemart\assets\css

But my changes to "span.addtocart-button input.addtocart-button, span.addtocart-button input.notify-button" had no effect at all, so I presume its not overriding properly.

archos

I've seen somewhere you should turn off "use virtuemart css" and add the modified css to the template css.
I mean where the other css from the template are and not the view folder but maybe I'm wrong.

archos

I've done a test with a gantry framework template. It' works.
Add the viruemart css to the template css folder and modify the index.php file from the template to load the "new" css.
Turn off use virtuemart css.
Now the virtuemart css file used is the one in the template folder.

prismalight

just commenting it out is also not a solution. because then I just have the standard ugly submit button.
as well the checkout button is green.
is there no other way by adding color; background-color ... somewhere in the css?

xchristheisx

Hello,

to answer your question, the add to cart buttons color is not determined by any css or code. its a PNG and its located here

/images/vmgeneral/backgrounds.png

just change the bottom green box to whatever you want and your good to go! however in vmsite-ltr.css there is a green border you will need to change.

hope that helps!