Shopper Groups that can't see prices can still check out

Started by dmuntean, January 09, 2012, 06:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmuntean

Hi,

In Virtuemart 1.x when you chose not to display pricing to a specific group, it prevented that group from checking out. In the new Virtuemart 2 even if the prices are not shown, a user can still add items to their cart, see the price for the specific items and checkout. Is this simply a bug, or was this done intentionally?

You can view an example here

dmuntean

Is this a bug, or have I misconfigured something in the settings?

PRO

I dont think intentional.
Can be easily worked around though.
Lemme see if this will b fixed in the core

dmuntean

Thank you for your reply. I thought I might have misconfigured something in the back end.

dmuntean

Any update on this issue? I've been using the latest SVN(5281) and this is still an issue for me.

Milbo

Sorry the "Use only as catalogue" is not working shoppergroup dependent.

We decided to differ the show_prices from the use_as_catalog feature. There are people who use products without price as a method to order them and a cataloque mode should show prices, but block the cart.

So it may make sense to say, no prices => no cart, but it works not viceversa => we need an extra option. But you can solve your problem with a layout overwrite. Check for the "show_prices" per group and rewrite the layout.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member