Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

few sellers

Started by b13on, January 08, 2012, 23:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b13on

Hi there!
I have joomla 1.7 and virtuemart 2.0
Please tell, can virtuemart handle few sellers without accessing admin panel?

Preamble: new user register in joomla. admin accept registration, and user can add his product to the category without accessing admin panel.

Also client (without registration) can buy users product. Information about new order must receive admin and registered use, who sell the product ....

Can virtuemart 2.0 handle it ?

darksoul

Im not sure. But i think vendors should have their own shop in VM2. This mean they need to have access to the backend... but, you can also create admins... who has few functions available on backend.. just using ACL.
Not directly in VM2, but you can restrict (with some extensions) to see also Virtuemart on backend.
This can be done with VM 1 with the extension made from nordmogrhap..  VM vendors suite. They sure will upgrade to vm 2 soon.

b13on

ok, lets see. VM2 has new function - multi users (for testers only). I think this function will solve my problem. But how it works? I repeat: user must add product from front end...

one more question... multi vendors. Can new user be a new vendor and add his product from front end ?

jenkinhill

There is currently no front-end access. This advanced version of ACL would need to be programmed in together with any code appropriate to the way you want the store to work. VM2 is vendor based, so the basic requirement is there already.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

b13on

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 09, 2012, 10:04:36 AM
. VM2 is vendor based, so the basic requirement is there already.

ok, how new registered user can be a vender and add product without accessing admin panel ?

darksoul

You need to customize an application that add from the frontend files and fill database. :-\

b13on

Quote from: darksoul on January 09, 2012, 12:07:43 PM
You need to customize an application that add from the frontend files and fill database. :-\

how ?

by configuring VM by mouse or i need to hardcode smth ?

jenkinhill

You will need to hire a programmer if you don't have the skills to set this up. It is not a simple configuration job.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

b13on

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 09, 2012, 12:58:53 PM
You will need to hire a programmer if you don't have the skills to set this up. It is not a simple configuration job.

last question
Maybe someone else has already done it, and described it in some topic, faq, manual (dose not  matter)  own experience.

jenkinhill

Not that I know of. But this version of VirtueMart was only released 3 weeks ago.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

b13on

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 09, 2012, 14:50:01 PM
Not that I know of. But this version of VirtueMart was only released 3 weeks ago.

Well, can anyone faced with such problem?

How user can be a vendor and add product without accessing admin panel joomla ?
any ideas ?

b13on

topic up.

anyone can solve problem ?