[BUG VM2.0.2 J2.5.] move up/down and reorder of products not working in back-end

Started by beipink, January 08, 2012, 11:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beipink

Reordering of products doesn't work as expected in the back-end.
in VM back-end select products form the left menu then filter products to view only one category and then try to change the position. Move up/down or reorder.
Move down increases of 1,  move up decrease of 1 however nothing changes in front-end.
Reorder doesn't work at all.
If you enter the product  and click on save the "reorder" is set to 1 for all products on that category.

VM2.0.2
J2.5.1

regards

enock

Joomla 2.5.1 VM 2.0.1H

Filter for a category change order by typing in number - numbers sometimes save - but order doesn't - Reordering doesn't work at all eg list show 3, 2, 78, 79, 4

enock

The sort is by the product ID and the up/down buttons and the numbered order are completely ignored :( - it's a bug

inoculated

Bahhh I'm having this problem too. (Joomla version 2.5.0, Virtuemart version 2.0.2). It seems under "Default Product Sort Order" there is supposed to be an option that tells it to refer to the numbers we're trying to assign, but that option is missing.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=39525.0

And apparantly this was a problem in an earlier version too.
Any superskilled coders know how we might add that option?
I referred to the fix in the linked post but I can't find any files that even vaguely resemble the ones mentioned.

x___x

AngelaACS

I'm also experiencing this same issue...  I can't reorder the products. I can enter the order number and click reorder, the page refreshes, but nothing changes. I can also click the up down arrows, same result, nothing changes.
Has anyone found a solution to this? It seems to be listed in several posts as a bug, but I've yet to find a solution. Can anyone help? I'd be most grateful to anyone who could respond!

Joomla! 1.7.5 Stable
VM 2.0.2
Linux webserver 2.6.31-23-server #75-Ubuntu SMP
PHP:   5.2.10-2ubuntu6.10

beipink

I'm not sure if this bug has been picked up by VM team.
can anyone confirm that

SniperSister

Hi,

this patch at least fixes the manual sorting stuff - didn't test the move up/down arrows yet:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98757.0

Best regards
David

beipink

hey david
this is great, hopefully the dev team will assess the fix and include in the next release

beipink