News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Custom Fields: Is a List

Started by OpenGlobal, January 08, 2012, 10:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OpenGlobal

What is this feature for? It doesn't seem to do anything other than turn the field into a useless empty "list". I can't find any way of populating the list other than by giving a default value. but that gives the option of the default or nothing at all.

How do we just create a dropdown list of options?

OpenGlobal

OpenGlobal

OpenGlobal

Ah ha! Thanks to firebug and trawling through the code, I've managed to work this out.

If using "Is a List" to create a drop down list, the "Default" field becomes the "Possible Values" field. You put in the possible values separated by a ';'.

The question now then, how do you specify a default value if the "Default" field is being used for something else? Looking at the code, it seems this functionality is absent.

PRO

openglobal, thats when you put the default value 1st in the list

OpenGlobal

So I guess that's a regression then.

OpenGlobal

The next question is how to change the drop down after it's been set. After the custom field has been saved, you get a nice ajax-y dropdown instead of the standard HTML select, but it doesn't do anything, all of the other options have been removed. The only way to change the value is to remove the custom field and add it back in again.

Am I missing something?