News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

cannot add a shopper

Started by sticcino1, December 15, 2011, 02:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sticcino1

i've upgraded to k.
i've searched/scoured the boards
I cannot add a new shopper, it keeps returning "Please enter your name.", this is starting to get frustrating. Can I pay to get support and this fixed?

here's the debug dump:
        vmdebug self::$_jpConfig->lang en_gb
        vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig db no: 0.0064141750335693
        vmdebug Start used Ram 1.5M
        vmdebug user Var1:
        Var2:
        vmdebug Should load #__virtuemart_vmusers with id = 0, give back prototype
        vmdebug vmTime: VirtuemartControllerUser Finished: 0.085765838623047
        vmdebug End used Ram 1.75M
        vmdebug Peak memory peak 1.75M
        vmdebug self::$_jpConfig->lang en_gb
        vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig db no: 0.0053420066833496
        vmdebug Start used Ram 1.5M
        vmdebug vmTime: VirtuemartControllerUser Finished: 0.12108087539673
        vmdebug End used Ram 2M
        vmdebug Peak memory peak 2M
        vmdebug Should load #__virtuemart_paymentmethods with id = 0, give back prototype
        vmdebug Should load #__virtuemart_paymentmethods with id = 0, give back prototype
        vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig Program Cache: 3.4093856811523E-5
        vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig Program Cache: 3.9100646972656E-5
        vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig Program Cache: 4.3153762817383E-5
        vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig Program Cache: 3.2901763916016E-5

Thanks,
Johnny

JtouchMobile.com

Fine with my K + J173 so could you please let us know step by step you do with then cause the issue?
Author of Jtouch - Mobile solution for Joomla & VirtueMart
http://www.jtouchmobile.com

Milbo

I think he is not looking on the second tab.

sticcino, when oyu want to register a user without address, then use the joomla user add. In Vm2 we assume that you want to enter an address so please go to the second tab, then you will understand
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

atb

Quote from: Milbo on December 15, 2011, 13:52:09 PM
I think he is not looking on the second tab.

sticcino, when oyu want to register a user without address, then use the joomla user add. In Vm2 we assume that you want to enter an address so please go to the second tab, then you will understand

I am not sure that this is quite correct.  From my installation (JM1.7.3/VMRC3_m - IE8) if the VM Back-end "Shoppers" is accessed then it is not possible to add (create new) Users, with or without an Address.  The "New" Button just is not on the Top Bar, so I do not see how any form of User can be added, other than by starting with the JM | Users - Add, which then creates a VM User which is set to "Shopper" as the default - then an Address can be added in the 2nd Tab [Note: Tab links do not appear to work in IE8].

However, surely "Shopper" Users would normally be added via the Front-End through individual Shopper Registration, rather than adding "Shoppers" via the Back-End.

sticcino1

hi,

yes, i just realized late last nite, i turned on the joomla login system to try different things, when I did that -- created an account, and logged in I tried again create/update a shopper on check out and it worked.... I understand now how it works, but it was quiet confusing... because on the VM module for account admin, i had that in a menu item as "my account" and was trying to use that directly to create the account... anyhow i think i have it clear in my head.

VM is gonna get another pounding ;D  tonight, now that i understand the user system.
I have to import 12,000+ customer accounts, with an additional 18,000 shitp-to addresses.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

amintara

hi
im having same problem
i know i must fill the second tab that include joomla require for registration but the problem is there is no name field any where to fill and it always says Please enter your name :(
username, email, pass and the others all exist but the name field is no where
please help me on VM2

amintara

please some one help
my vm2 registration form doesnt have any name field and when i wanna add a shopper it says Please enter your name:

Milbo

Hmm, did you changed your shopperfields?

bardius

name fields is not there also....... no change in back end. Actually in back end it is enabled and above username but in front end nothing appears. not even a td.

i checked the template file of edit_user.php and it is commended out.....
George Bardis
Team Leader / Senior Web Developer
http://www.bardis.info

Milbo

I need to look on your page, best with admin access, please provide the info per pm

MaHe29

Any progress with this issue?
I've got an "Please enter your name" error as well when i try to create a useraccount. But i am using a new installation.
Isnt there a plugin or something to improve the user profiles in vm2?
In my old shop the user profile in VM has more options like, order history account management and so on.
I'm stuck on this issue for a few days now, and its getting a bit frustrating by now.