News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

No clue how to connect myphpadmin database with VM2

Started by h2ofilters, January 07, 2012, 06:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2ofilters

I have jml_ from Joomla installation and j17_ which I imported from the previous set up

Sent from my iPhone

PRO

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on January 07, 2012, 20:27:52 PM
is the table prefix the same with the joomla installation and the _vm   tables?

If not, export the old vmart tables

_vm

open with notepad. Then do a replace to change the table prefix to the same one that your joomla installation is using.
Import the file. Then run the migrator.

ALSO; also, you can try to run the migrator with ONLY "products" checked. Then with only "orders" checked

^^^^^

h2ofilters

Great! I will try and do that and hopefully I will have a successful report back to the forum. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone

h2ofilters

Well, Thank you again BanquetTables.pro for your help. I imported the tables into a text editor as suggested and renamed all the j17 to jml. I was able to migrate most of the virtuemart tables but still had some error messages. I was able to also identify what tables were giving the errors and I have been spending most of my free times manually deleting or dropping those problem tables.

While there are no more error messages, most of my extensions did not show up in the extension manager though they are native to JM 1.7. I have Easyblog and JV-LinkDirectory which are both native to JM 1.7; I will appreciate if anyone can explain how to make them show in the extension manager.

PRO