News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

No clue how to connect myphpadmin database with VM2

Started by h2ofilters, January 07, 2012, 06:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2ofilters

I am trying to connecting myphpadmin database with VM2 and I have no clue. I restored my database file into my cpanel but now the products and contents do not show in VM2. I will appreciate some input, directions, or suggested extensions.

jenkinhill

phpMyAdmin is not a database. It is a tool to handle the administration of MySQL. I assume Joomla still connects to the database? Use phpMyAdmin to look to check that the VM tables still exist in the db.

Instructions for use are on http://www.phpmyadmin.net
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

h2ofilters

I guess I am using the wrong phrase but I am still unable to get my products back into VM2 after I  changed from J1.523/VM 1.5 to J1.7/VM2. Before that I backed up my database, uninstalled both old Joomla and VM, then installed the latest combo.

Then, I uploaded the database containing my products but it's not showing up in VM. So I will appreciate any help in that regard.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

h2ofilters

Thank you so much jenkinhill for taking the time to reply. I did everything before except the last two steps of the migration process which I did know before. Now I did it and here is the long list of messages I got. Good thing is they are not the dreaded red lettered error messages but still, not a good message I was looking for. Here they are:

Found prior migration process, resume migration maxScriptTime 23 maxMemoryLimit 89.6
        Synchronized 0 media for product in directory images/stories/virtuemart/product/
        Synchronized 0 media for category in directory images/stories/virtuemart/category/
        Synchronized 0 media for manufacturer in directory images/stories/virtuemart/manufacturer/
        Synchronized 0 media for vendor in directory images/stories/virtuemart/vendor/
        Looks everything worked correct, migrated 0 manufacturer categories
        Looks everything worked correct, migrated 0 manufacturers
        _productPorter Table 'hotitem1_jml1.jml_vm_product' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT * FROM jml_vm_product AS `p` LEFT JOIN jml_vm_product_price ON jml_vm_product_price.product_id = `p`.product_id LEFT JOIN jml_vm_product_mf_xref ON jml_vm_product_mf_xref.product_id = `p`.product_id LIMIT 0,7700
        Worked on migration for 0.0315039157867 seconds
        Migration finished

Info: No Shoppergroup table found for migration
        Info: No vm_category table found for migration
        Info: Migration: 0 orders processed

I went to my phpadmin and I could find all the products and other components but they are not linking to VM2.

PRO

is the table prefix the same with the joomla installation and the _vm   tables?

If not, export the old vmart tables

_vm

open with notepad. Then do a replace to change the table prefix to the same one that your joomla installation is using.
Import the file. Then run the migrator.

ALSO; also, you can try to run the migrator with ONLY "products" checked. Then with only "orders" checked

h2ofilters

Thanks Banquet for your reply.

I did as advised but still getting the following error messages:

Found prior migration process, resume migration maxScriptTime 23 maxMemoryLimit 89.6
        Synchronized 0 media for product in directory images/stories/virtuemart/product/
        Synchronized 0 media for category in directory images/stories/virtuemart/category/
        Synchronized 0 media for manufacturer in directory images/stories/virtuemart/manufacturer/
        Synchronized 0 media for vendor in directory images/stories/virtuemart/vendor/
        Processed 0 vm1 shoppergroups time: 1.50203704834E-5
        Looks everything worked correct, migrated 0 categories
        No categories to import
        Looks everything worked correct, migrated 0 manufacturer categories
        Looks everything worked correct, migrated 0 manufacturers
        _productPorter Table 'hotitem1_jml1.jml_vm_product' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT * FROM jml_vm_product AS `p` LEFT JOIN jml_vm_product_price ON jml_vm_product_price.product_id = `p`.product_id LEFT JOIN jml_vm_product_mf_xref ON jml_vm_product_mf_xref.product_id = `p`.product_id LIMIT 0,7600
        Worked on migration for 0.132452964783 seconds
        Migration finished

Info: portUsers getMigrationProgress shoppergroups
        Info: Migration: 0 orders processed

vmError: port Orders db error Table 'hotitem1_jml1.jml_vm_orders' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT `o`.*, `op`.*, `o`.`order_number` as `vm1_order_number`, `o2`.`order_number` as `nr2` FROM `jml_vm_orders` as `o` LEFT OUTER JOIN `jml_vm_order_payment` as `op` ON `op`.`order_id` = `o`.`order_id` LEFT JOIN `jml_virtuemart_orders` as `o2` ON `o2`.`order_number` = `o`.`order_number` WHERE ISNULL (o2.order_number) LIMIT 0,7600
        vmError: port Orders db error SELECT `o`.*, `op`.*, `o`.`order_number` as `vm1_order_number`, `o2`.`order_number` as `nr2` FROM `#__vm_orders` as `o` LEFT OUTER JOIN `#__vm_order_payment` as `op` ON `op`.`order_id` = `o`.`order_id` LEFT JOIN `#__virtuemart_orders` as `o2` ON `o2`.`order_number` = `o`.`order_number` WHERE ISNULL (o2.order_number) LIMIT 0,7600

It's saying products don't exist but I could find all my products listed under J17_vm but is not brought into VM2. If I know how to link this file to VM, it will be great and I think it will work.

PRO

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on January 07, 2012, 20:27:52 PM
ALSO; also, you can try to run the migrator with ONLY "products" checked. Then with only "orders" checked

^^^^^ 

and keep clicking it a few times until they are all done

h2ofilters

This is insanity. I did this over and over again for quite a while but nothing happens. No results! Guess that defines insanity. I still hope someone will have a clue to this.

PRO

are you using J1.7?   do you have it set to mysql   or mysqli    ?

h2ofilters

h2ofilters

I am getting to close to resolving my issues but here is one I could not find after hundreds of googling. I have an sql file named j17_vm_product that I would like to jml_virtuemart_products to be able to show up in virtuemart products. I have dozens of products in this sql file but it's not showing up in VM2. Should I simply rename the file?

PRO

NO, 1.1 and 2.0 database is different.

The migrator looks for tables that start with

_vm     and then convertes them to the right format for 2.0 and puts them in the _virtuemart table

h2ofilters

PRO