News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

category page looks terrible. how do i make this look professional?

Started by infinart, January 16, 2012, 09:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

infinart

hello,

http://thewaytohappiness.org.au/Shop.html?view=category&virtuemart_category_id=0

I think this layout does not look good at all. How do I change it so it looks much better? Surely there is a simple way? This out of the box version is really bad (sorry, but it is).

Also, how do I remove the "Current Stock Level" text and graphic? This is not needed. Is there a switch for it?

Carl
Rock on!

Venkko

Also, how do I remove the "Current Stock Level" text and graphic? This is not needed. Is there a switch for it?

I don't believe that there is switch for if, you have to change php-file for it. There is several topics about this on the forum.

How do I change it so it looks much better?
You can try to change it on VM back-end. for excample try to change the number of product per row. You can also change the category defaul.php to make it just the way you want to. You can use firebug -program to see what changes you have to do to make it like you want to. There guide for firebug somewhere on vm2 forum.
www.pikkukoala.fi (J 1.5 & VM 1.1.5)
www.lastentavarat.fi (J 1.5.23 & V2.0.0)

ZX81

You need to read the Views thread: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90935.0

Create your own view in /com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl (make a copy of the default.php file and delete the stock level code shown in the views thread).

Then override the default for each category that you create. Your custom view should appear in the dropdown for 'Category Browse Page' at the bottom of the Product category form.

Hope this helps  :D

infinart

nah, doesn't help. as I don't know php. I guess I will have to pay someone. Know anyone?
Rock on!

Venkko

Hi!

you need to modify demo-styles.css linee 55 margin-right  to 0 and  line 56 margin-left to 0
Try it after that.

Also you probably need to change category/default.php so that there is floatright as it is on the attachment (the are that is highlighted on the bottom of the image).

If you don't know what to do and want to pay someone for this, send me a PM and lets find out if I can help you.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
www.pikkukoala.fi (J 1.5 & VM 1.1.5)
www.lastentavarat.fi (J 1.5.23 & V2.0.0)

100gods

Hi,

I am a beginner using Joomla 1.7 and VM 2.0 .

I am alien to php but I will try to use firebug to configure default.php.

Would really appreciate if someone could look at the enclosed snapshot - and what I should write so I may :
1. Align the product descriptions with each thumbnail  ( eg. in product 2)
2. Ensure all thumbnails have same size (eg. in product 12)
3. Ensure all "Product details" are properly aligned

Thanks for your time.

[attachment cleanup by admin]