News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Newbie Question - Link to VM in Joomla 1.7.3

Started by Wolf_Net, January 06, 2012, 18:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf_Net

Hello, I am relatively new to Joomla and VM. I am totally lost now, I installed Joomla 1.7 and VM 2.0, all successful and I tried to find out, how to make the VM as default page. I see that I should create a menu link... which means, If I understand, to replace original link in menu manager.

so now the question. I tried to look everywhere, Google, even some videos on Youtube, this forum, documentation, but no clear explanation, everything is for older versions. I can't use older Joomla and VM in commerce bundle since I have a lot of problems in displaying the goods there.

Can anyone please, clearly tell me how to make a menu link to VM component which means also, what is default link to shop just after the installation?

I only installed joomla, then via extensions manager com_virtuemart.2.0.0 and after this I installed com_virtuemart_ext_aio.2.0.0.zip. (and then once again, just to make sure, Its not fault of installation.

I know, I really would like to pay someone to do it for me or so, but I have no money now, that's why I am building the shop, to make a money. Later I will donate for sure...

So please, what are exact steps.... default common steps after installation to see the VM when I type my page address to the browser. Thanks a lot, am totally desperate...

PRO

go to your menu manager
click new menu link
choose default shop layout

if you want homepage to b virtuemart, set that link to be "default"

Wolf_Net

Kin333

Can you explain?

I dont understand. Hmm, do I need Virtuemart Main Module or sth?

I have Joomla 1.7.4 and VM 2.

//edit
Nice help......