News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Add to cart issues - what's the actual solution?

Started by stuclark, January 06, 2012, 18:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkneip

This little plug has worked wonders for me;

You must order it at the very top of your plugin order just after admintools if you have it and before mootools upgrade it must load before everything else. Dont mess with the config just load it and see what happens. I tried the others they didnt doit. This little guy worked wonders for me. Pay attention to the order of your plugins. Its very important and not well emphisised.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Betuaelmon

kg

Hi
I can confirm that the 2.0.3 H has some fixes for the add to cart issue.

The problems we had with IE7 not adding to cart for one of our sites, is solved in 2.0.3H (did a couple of different installs for that site, using 2.0.3H and it worked on all of them)

So if you have that problem, take a copy of your site and upgrade the copy to 2.0.3H to see if it works (do not upgrade your production site to 2.0.3H - it is not ready for production use yet)

corymp

My problem is that add to cart doesn't work every time. it will add the first time and then wont add for 3 more times i click the button. although the popup comes up every click
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

Milbo

Quote from: corymp on April 05, 2012, 03:14:43 AM
My problem is that add to cart doesn't work every time. it will add the first time and then wont add for 3 more times i click the button. although the popup comes up every click

In the pipe atm.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

corymp

Quote from: Milbo on April 05, 2012, 12:14:15 PM
Quote from: corymp on April 05, 2012, 03:14:43 AM

In the pipe atm.
Does that mean this is a known bug? It seems it only happens on my slower internet connection. At my work plae, it seems fine...
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

palpal

Hi all,

I have a fresh installation on version of VM 2.0.3.I. with Joomla 2.5.4. and the add-to-cart function is working on most of the browsers.
I am using default Beez2 template.

Firefox 11   / perfect
Chorm 18   / perfect
IE 7            / working, pop up box size not fit.
Safari 5   / perfect

I am looking forward to the VM2.0.3 stable version for my live site.

przemopj

Hi!
I have joomla 1.5.26 with virtuemart 2.0.2
I have problem with cart button as almost everyone. I have tested most of the solutions witch was written on this forum on my live site - doesn't work.
So i installed fresh joomla + viruemart 2.0.2 (without other components, modules or plugins)  - problem with cart still exists, even on standard templates.
Please look on site www.gastrofun.eu - add to cart button doesn't work.

On the other hand i noticed that the same site on subdomain http://test.gastrofun.eu works fine!

Any clue?

Server dosn't use apache and site is redirected to folder...

PRO

Quote from: przemopj on April 06, 2012, 12:04:32 PM
Hi!
Server dosn't use apache and site is redirected to folder...

WHEN, I change the web address to NOT have www.

Every time I click "add to cart" it works.   BUT: The pop up does not appear.
I can go to index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart
and see the products in the cart.

SO: Its a server, setup issue somewhere.

It could be from being redirected

Steo

Please help, same 'Add to Cart' problem, no pop up window and no cart stays empty.

Joomla! 1.7.5 Stable, Virtuemart 2.0.4, Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:11.0)
Virtuemart Javascript: all ON
Google library: OFF

Test link : http://www.annybarlowimages.com/test

Help highly appreciated!

Been reading all related post for the last 10 days, tried bit of everything, but no joy!!!

Steo

PRO

Quote from: Steo on April 10, 2012, 17:07:25 PM
Please help, same 'Add to Cart' problem, no pop up window and no cart stays empty.

Joomla! 1.7.5 Stable, Virtuemart 2.0.4, Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:11.0)
Virtuemart Javascript: all ON
Google library: OFF

Test link : http://www.annybarlowimages.com/test

Help highly appreciated!

Been reading all related post for the last 10 days, tried bit of everything, but no joy!!!

looking in your source code, I see
vmSiteurl = 'http://annybarlowimages.com/test/'; ;

BUT, when I try to access the site WITHOUT the www, i get redirected

cpetitclerc73

I am using Joomla 2.5.4 and Virtumart 2.0.4 PHP 5.3.6
The site is http://www.sharptech-inc.com/

I have tried everything and spend 3 days on this with no solution to the add to cart button not working. It was working and for some reason it is now not.
I have only installed JCE / JCE media / Akeeba back-up and a Virtumart theme. It was all working fine and now it is not in Google Chrome and IE 9.

I now upgraded to Virtumart 2.0.4
I tried unpublishing all modules except the shopping cart module / main menu.
I tried un-checking all javascripts individually in Virtumart / configuration / templates
I tried unchecking Use external Google J-query library under configuration/shop

I have all basic templates that come with Joomla including the default Virtumart theme.

I installed jQuery Easy and tried every configuration:  http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/scripts/18327

Still the add to cart button will not work.

dontflinch

you have a lot of possible conflicts there - you should try switching to the default template.  google javascript or jquery or mootools conflicts then examine your source code.  but if you switch to beez and it works my first guesses would be one of these:

jQuery(document).ready(function ($){
var a = function(self){
self.anchor.fancybox();
};
$('#pikame').PikaChoose({buildFinished:a});
});

JCEMediaObject.init('/', {flash:"10,0,22,87",windowmedia:"5,1,52,701",quicktime:"6,0,2,0",realmedia:"7,0,0,0",shockwave:"8,5,1,0"});JCEMediaBox.init({popup:{width:"",height:"",legacy:0,lightbox:0,shadowbox:0,resize:1,icons:1,overlay:1,overlayopacity:0.8,overlaycolor:"#000000",fadespeed:500,scalespeed:500,hideobjects:0,scrolling:"fixed",close:2,labels:{'close':'Close','next':'Next','previous':'Previous','cancel':'Cancel','numbers':'{$current} of {$total}'}},tooltip:{className:"tooltip",opacity:0.8,speed:150,position:"br",offsets:{x: 16, y: 16}},base:"/",imgpath:"plugins/system/jcemediabox/img",theme:"standard",themecustom:"",themepath:"plugins/system/jcemediabox/themes"});
jQuery(document).ready(function() {
jQuery('#VMmenu9365_161 li.VmClose ul').hide();
jQuery('#VMmenu9365_161 li .VmArrowdown').click(
function() {

if (jQuery(this).parent().next('ul').is(':hidden')) {
jQuery('#VMmenu9365_161 ul:visible').delay(500).slideUp(500,'linear').parents('li').addClass('VmClose').removeClass('VmOpen');
jQuery(this).parent().next('ul').slideDown(500,'linear');
jQuery(this).parents('li').addClass('VmOpen').removeClass('VmClose');
}
});
});
  </script>

<script type="text/javascript">if ('undefined' != typeof jQuery) document._artxJQueryBackup = jQuery;</script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/templates/template4/jquery.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">jQuery.noConflict();</script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/templates/template4/script.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">if (document._artxJQueryBackup) jQuery = document._artxJQueryBackup;</script>

that last one tries to do noConflict mode but using tons of javascript is just tricky.

also, I have read that you are supposed to have mootools load first then jquery and yours is opposite.