News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Add to cart issues - what's the actual solution?

Started by stuclark, January 06, 2012, 18:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenkinhill

xaxier you are loading a lot of JavaScript there. To start with you have a JavaScript conflict to do with the YJSimpleGrid Framework you are using in your Joomla template. First issue is in mouseover13.js - whatever that is there for.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

HC

OK, Milbo and others, it now works for me in all browsers (IE, FF, Chrome, Safari) after installing the update 2.0.3, so thats great  :)
http://ny.udviklingsvej.dk/webshop/online-kurser-og-uddannelser/testprodukt-detail

Hopefully it works for everybody...
Thanks a million

eastland

Milbo and others, Thanks a lot!!!
2.0.3 for me now works on all 4 of 4 old browsers i've tested (K-Meleon 1.5.4, IE 6.0.2600, Opera 9.24, FireFox 3.0.15)

HC, i've test your link also :)
KM, Opera, FF works
IE ask for update :), but then without update work too!

xaxier

Hi jenkinhill

Thanks for the advice, as this is the first time I am building using Joomla and new to CMS, hope I do not sound noob and stupid here :(. In this case, if you are saying that this javascript (mouseover.js) conflict with the virtuemart javascript, but I do not understand why if I view it using the IP address, I have no problem of getting the message pop out the moment I press the add to cart button and when I am viewing it using normal site, I have problem?

FYI, I have no problem running it on localhost as well

eastland

xaxier, may be your firewall/browser allow pop-up windows on localhost/trusted area and block pop-up windows from the internet ?
If it is, the "Add to cart" button could fail in 2.0.3 too.

xaxier

Hi eastland,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I doubt this should be the cause. I had disabled the pop out blocker and enable exception to my site but still nothing happen. I wonder what went wrong, it is doing great when I view it using IP and localhost.

xaxier

Hi there,

I was thinking is this problem cause by the following events?

1) I tested in Localhost, no problem with add to cart button
2) I transfer the files to FTP site of my host while waiting for my domain to be ready.
3) I view and edit the setting using the IP address given by my host, no problem with the add to cart button also
4) once I tried using the actual domain name, the add to cart button fail

Can it be that somehow this link to the add to cart problem failure?

xaxier

Hi guys,

Managed to solve it by changing the configuration file and point the live site to my actual site. Originally it is in IP view

Thanks for the help so far :)

another_reality

Hello,

I have try every sollution that is given in this thread and other of course, but the Add to cart cannot work. I was with J1.7 & VM2. Yesterday updated to J2.5.2 & VM2.02 But the problem persist. At the moment i have enabled VM Jquery & OFF Extrnal Google Jquery, I have try all the other combinations, also trying with EasyJquery & Jquery Integrator, Also removed all core Jquery but the problem continue to persist!
http://tinyurl.com/7kxkamj

Thanks for your help!

<script src="media/system/js/mootools-core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="media/system/js/core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="media/system/js/mootools-more.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/js/core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/js/menu/mega.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/jquery-ui.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/jquery.ui.autocomplete.html.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/jquery.noConflict.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/vmsite.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/facebox.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/vmprices.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="media/system/js/modal.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

HC

Quote from: another_reality on March 06, 2012, 17:50:21 PM

I have try every sollution that is given in this thread and other of course, but the Add to cart cannot work. I was with J1.7 & VM2. Yesterday updated to J2.5.2 & VM2.02 But the problem persist. At the moment i have enabled VM Jquery & OFF Extrnal Google Jquery, I have try all the other combinations, also trying with EasyJquery & Jquery Integrator, Also removed all core Jquery but the problem continue to persist!

Thanks for your help!

Try the 2.0.3 update - it worked for me.
http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/390/com_virtuemart.2.0.3_extract_first.zip

another_reality

I updated it to 2.0.3 and the add to cart don't work. Also i tried it with the joomla deafult template, and the button still dont work!

Quote from: HC on March 06, 2012, 18:13:29 PM
Quote from: another_reality on March 06, 2012, 17:50:21 PM

Thanks for your help!

Try the 2.0.3 update - it worked for me.
http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/390/com_virtuemart.2.0.3_extract_first.zip

PRO

Quote from: another_reality on March 06, 2012, 20:34:50 PM
I updated it to 2.0.3 and the add to cart don't work. Also i tried it with the joomla deafult template, and the button still dont work!

try disabling that floating thing at the top of your site and see

another_reality

Removed the floating module and also all other modules. This is a clean pure installation of joomla, all modules & most of the plugins unpublished! But guess... The add to cart function does not work.

Thanks

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on March 06, 2012, 20:41:47 PM
Quote from: another_reality on March 06, 2012, 20:34:50 PM

try disabling that floating thing at the top of your site and see

PRO

if i could see products, I would test.

also, do you have somthing set for "live site" in your configuration.php file.

Have you tried WITHOUT sef turned on?

have you tried to disable your .htaccess to see if thats a problem?

Is there a configuration tht isnt allowing users to order in the backend?

another_reality

http://tinyurl.com/6rhhvjd . I will take a look now for the configuration.

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on March 06, 2012, 21:20:29 PM
if i could see products, I would test.

also, do you have somthing set for "live site" in your configuration.php file.

Have you tried WITHOUT sef turned on?

have you tried to disable your .htaccess to see if thats a problem?

Is there a configuration tht isnt allowing users to order in the backend?