News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Add to cart issues - what's the actual solution?

Started by stuclark, January 06, 2012, 18:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capricornio

hmm tried it over and over with both IE and Chrome, but still don't get the product on my cart.

website is www.mylittleloft.nl, created a temporary user account test, password test@342

Any help is appreciated.

Using VM 2.01k on top of Joomla 2.5.1.

jenkinhill

@capricornio you are not loading jQuery on your site. You need that for the cart to work.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

capricornio

Thnx Kelvyn,

But if I activate VM JQuery at Configuration - Templates, nothing happens when I click on the Add to Cart button.
When I uncheck this box, the cart opens at least, but the article isn't added.

What should I do now to get it working properly ?

webworks

Tried a couple of the simple solutions and still having the same problems :( Using Joomla 1.7 and Virtuemart 2.0.0

Websites is www.webworkscms.co.uk/3i

Any help would be appreciated

PRO

Quote from: webworks on February 20, 2012, 17:46:08 PM
Tried a couple of the simple solutions and still having the same problems :( Using Joomla 1.7 and Virtuemart 2.0.0

Websites is www.webworkscms.co.uk/3i

Any help would be appreciated

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on January 06, 2012, 18:50:17 PM
This is NOT a virtuemart problem 1st of all

There will NOT be a single answer that applies to everyone.
THIS IS A JAVA CONFLICT 99% OF THE TIME
Vmart jquery does NOT conflict with standard joomla mootools.

also, make sure "system cache" plugin is disabled

JQUERY HAS to be loaded for add to cart to work
Virtuemart product scripts have to be loaded.

Templates Have javascript
Modules have Javascript

If a template uses Jquery, let it use jquery, and turn off vmart jquery.
UNLESS the template jquery version is LESS THAN
jQuery JavaScript Library v1.6.1
in that case use vmart jquery and turn of your template jquery.

NOW: If you are using standard joomla template and get the conflict. Are you using modules? Menus? That use javascript?
Disable all modules, and see if the cart works. Then enable them one by one

ALSO; do not edit the add to cart form classes etc. unless you know what you are doing

ALSO Re; css and java script compressors like jch optimize, and all those.
I have not seen a single example of these working with 2.0 yet without messing up cart functions. I have tried on mine, with many configurations etc. Still conflicts with cart functions.

AND see here
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95879.msg315642#msg315642

the product scripts have to be loaded, they are what adds the product to the cart.

TBoele

And what about the "add to cart" problem with the version 2.0.1N ? Also a js conflict in the Template and no VirtueMart problem ?

PRO

Quote from: TBoele on February 20, 2012, 19:50:49 PM
And what about the "add to cart" problem with the version 2.0.1N ? Also a js conflict in the Template and no VirtueMart problem ?

add to cart works for me. I have never once had an add to cart problem. on any of the releases.

TBoele

Ok that could be.
With my template the add to cart also works with all versions, only with the latest version 2.0.1.N not. And i don't see any conflicts with firebug.

PRO

archos

Quotehow can anyone help without a url

Yes we can  :D

Try to add the following plugin

JQuery Easy or JQuery ++integrator

They are able to load the last Jquery and able to kill redondant Jquery.
They add the Jquery noconflict procedure (you can enable/disable it with JQuery ++integrator)

In my case with the gantry framework the conflict is linked to the cart module position !. It plays clearly a role on the js scripts order,
problem could be from the gantry framework.

nflmerch

You guys are going to give the developers ulcers.   :P 
Always test new versions of virtuemart with a default joomla template.

lipes

I found this topic... so maybe its better to write here...

I got the problem with the last update 2.0.1 N .. and I didnt do anything before....
In last version my website was working 100% fine ... adding the products to the cart...
But now the botton "add.." doesnt work like before the popup and the VM cart Module doesnt work together in the displaying live / real time like he did until i install the new 2.0.1 N ..

If the problem was in my clean and new teamplate (0 errors css / html in firebug ) of course i'd go back to reset the lastest steps ...
but i cant find yet a solution here...
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

prema

Hi,

i had also the same issue with the add to cart button. I was searching for more days, and then i have found this little plugin.
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/scripts/18327
It was perfectly solving my problem, now i can sue my othet Jquery modules. And it's for free.

P.

lipes

i'll hope that version 2.0.1 O,P,Q... comes soon as possible... i wouldnt like to install 3rds party's extensions (like that plugs) because everything was working fine in the lastest versions before the 2.0.1 N version come to us ....
why we should do that.. to add more garbage in system? no, we dont want that! :/
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

TBoele

Prolipes, do use Joomla 1.7.3 ? I had the same problem with Joomla 1.7.3 and VM 2.0.1N, no errors or conflicts but the add to cart button won't work.
Now i tested it with Joomla 2.5.1 and VM 2.0.1N, no problems.