News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Products not adding to cart

Started by stephysm, January 06, 2012, 17:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephysm

I have been ripping my hair out trying to figure out why items are not being added to the cart. I have read several posts about this problem and non of the solutions have worked. Can someone please please help! I really need to get this site up and running today. Thank you in advanced!

PRO

PRO

you are not loading jquery at all.

ALSO; scrip compressors tend to mess up the scrips with vmart

stephysm

I enabled the jquery and it still does nothing.

how do I adjust the scrip compressors?

PRO

its either a plugin u installed, or in your rocketheme template settings

IT packs all the files into 1 here

<script type="text/javascript" src="/cache/js-70baa07a8b993efb15a1a01682a0cc67.php"></script>

stephysm

So what do you think is my best option for fixing this?

I am 100% new to this and am completely learning this on my own. Thanks for you help, I appreciate it.

PRO

when you go to plugins , search for RokGZipper    and dispable it

if thats not installed, you should have an option in your template details, in "template manager"

stephysm

PRO

your template is trying to add a file

<script type="text/javascript" src="/components/com_virtuemart/themes/vm_mynxx/theme.js"></script>    
<style type="text/css">

Thats where the OLD virtuemart 1.1 themes were. WHY? did you buy a 1.1 theme, and try to use with 2.0?

also, disable your menu, and then try

stephysm

No I didn't, this was a fresh install with 2.0. Which menu are you referring to? I have 2 up but I unpublished the others and I only have one running now. Where should it be directing to now?

This has been a constant issue no matter what I have been doing or using. I'm just frustrated at this point.

PRO

the dropdown top menu

and then also see what happens when you change to a default joomla template

stephysm

I can't get rid of the top drop down menu and I tried changing templates and that didn't help either.  :-\

PRO

you cant disable it? just to see if thats the conflict?

jenkinhill

Quote from: stephysm on January 06, 2012, 22:01:30 PM
I can't get rid of the top drop down menu and I tried changing templates and that didn't help either.  :-\

The menu will be a Joomla module so would be applied to any template... try disabling the module
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum