News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Product variant or childs

Started by balu18765, January 06, 2012, 16:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balu18765

Hey folks,

Thanks for VM2 at first. Really appreciate the developing!

I try to configure product variants. I wish to have a main product e.g. t-shirt and on the product-details-page there should be eather a drop down menu with selectable variants with different prices or there should be an "add to cart" button for every variant... It should also be possible to choose e.g. 2 items of variant a and 3 of variant b and put all five items in the cart...

I tried several options with the custom fields and the product child option. But it just seams not to be so easy. In the case of child products the products appear as independent products. In the case of custom fields the variants appear and change the price but they are just choosable all together.

I'm sure it's pretty simple and I just didn't found the right way. Can anyone help me please in this?

Thanks a lot

jenkinhill

I'm not clear about your problem, but it sounds a bit like you are looking for Product Builder - see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=82854
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

balu18765

Thanks for your help.
May be I have to clarify.

i whish to set up a product in different variations.
On the product details page there should be a quantity box, price and add to cart button for every variation

For example:

T-Shirt
Option: Red, Quantity 1, Price: 20 USD, "Add to cart"
Option: green, Quantity 1, Price: 22 USD, "Add to cart"

Thanks for help in advance

balu18765