News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to use Attributes/Custom Fields?

Started by Pixelchen, December 14, 2011, 15:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pixelchen

I would be very happy, if someone could give me an answer. May be I am missing something.

I want to add different sizes with differnt prices to a product. I made customfields, "virtuemart cart" and got a dropdownlist in frontend, with different sizes and different prices.

This works well, but the prices from dropdown don't replace the basic price, but are added to the basic price (like in a pizza shop:  pizza = default price, additionals like extra cheese: sum up this price to pizza price).

But I'ld like to get e.g.

Pullover  : starting from 20 € (basic price)
or
Pullover : Size S: 20€ (basic price)

and in drop-down
Size S = 20 €
Size M = 21 €
Size X = 22 €

and so on. An if the customer choose Size M, it should show above Pullover: 21€ or Pullover Size M: 21€ - instead of (how it is now)  = 41€ (basic price + dropdownlist price)

I hope, I could explain, what I mean :)

Thanks in Adance
I
I am really dispairing, tried almost all custom fields and also the stock plugins. If I could insert  0,00 Euro in Basic Price, the Problem woult not exist.  i can't believe, that this is not possible at all to give the product only the price of dropdown-list?

dbgold

Hello, we have the same problem.
Currently, if you google you will find constantly the same questions but no answers

Google translation

bepos

as far as i understand it know :
if you want to add a dropdown to your product let's say : colors with values : red, blue, purple, etc.  you have to create a custom field type "Cart Variant".
when adding the product you can add the field and for every color add this field and change the value of each added color-cart-variant-field. and this will give you the dropdown with your product.

adding a new product means : you will have to do this again and again and again.
i hoped cloning the product would avoid this.... but.... that's not the case or am i missing something here?

so i thought i would make more custom-cart-variant-fields and group them in the parent-type all-colors.

go to the product and adding the group indeed adds all the custom-cart-vriant-fields, but no dropdown...... only seperate fields for each cart-variant-field .....

i know this must work different but after reading several forums and answers i'm really stuck now.

all i want is to create a list-field with (loads of) values, add the field to my product and done.  is this even possible?????

i'm really feeling foolish i can't find the solution.

hope someone has any answer.

kind regards,

Mark

ptruble

I have followed the directions here in setting up a simple drop-down for size for a product.  I created a cart variable called size, and then went to product's custom field area to add "size" to the product.  Though i select "size" from the custom fields dropdown, nothing happens.  The instructions claim that a column will appear allowing me to add the variables, but it never does.

undaunted, i thought maybe the key is to place the "size" variables as children under the "size" field, but the system does not allow me to select anything from the parent option when creating a custom field.  That doesnt work either.

Attributes to products should be really simple since it is so key to an ecommerce platform but VM2 has made a simple task really hard.  I cant imagine how difficult other aspects will be to configure.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ptruble

Did all of that.  In the product area when selecting the custom field "size" nothing happens. Tried typing it, selecting, throwing it, banging it, and everything else to get the vm2 system to recognize my selection.