News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Disappearing images/functionality questions?

Started by opksrj, January 06, 2012, 01:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

opksrj

Guys,

First of all, I want to say thanks for the new component, this is truly a great development and i'm very excited about using VM on my sites

I have a few questions about the current system and how I can get a few things to work properly

1) I am experiencing the "disappearing images" issue, where after some time passes, the images for my products seem to vanish. They are still on the server, but are not associated with the product ID any longer, which requires me to re-upload the image for it to work properly

2) I am unable to get a virtuemart login module to work so I can have the proper user registration area, is there a new module capable of working with v2 in the works?

3)Is there a similar credit card gateway system to the previous method which allowed for an encrypted "half" of the card number to be on the backend of the server and the rest to be emailed to a designated user?

4) Is there a way to mask the /component/virutemart URL that comes up with the products category layout?

if you'd like to view my site for any reason, it's up at www.thorrifles.com - let me  know your thoughts!

thanks guys

erik.demartiis

Quote from: opksrj on January 06, 2012, 01:30:33 AM

1) I am experiencing the "disappearing images" issue, where after some time passes, the images for my products seem to vanish. They are still on the server, but are not associated with the product ID any longer, which requires me to re-upload the image for it to work properly

So do I. Any solution? This is a big problem!

Regards
Erik

Milbo

A lot of this is already cleared in the forum,

That the images dissapear is completly new for me. When you work with the svn, then yes it happened, because FE is not showing unpublished images anymore. So go in your media view and check this.

Second, you dont need a virtuemart login module anylonger, just use the joomla one. There are 3 threads with the almost the same topic and all of hte first page in the various subboards (look for register).

Third yes, it is almost done.

Fourth, Ask this in the seo subboard please.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

erik.demartiis

Quote from: Milbo on January 18, 2012, 19:57:08 PM
A lot of this is already cleared in the forum,

Please, Can you paste here some links, thanks?

Quote from: Milbo on January 18, 2012, 19:57:08 PM

That the images dissapear is completly new for me.
When you work with the svn, then yes it happened, because FE is not showing unpublished images anymore. So go in your media view and check this.

I work with 2.0.0 version downloaded from here http://virtuemart.net/
I don't know what is FE.
If I go in MEDIA, the picture is not disappeared, but the Product has lost the link with this image.
Maybe is better say: The picture is not disappeared from the MEDIA, but in the Product is disappeared the LINK to the picture (Big picture and thumb).

Then, I have to re-upload the picture, because if I try to Copy and Paste the URL of the image that I copy from MEDIA, in the PRODUCT image URL, and then SAVE, the path disappear during saving!
If I re-upload the picture, all go ok. But How many days before that this random bug can newly reappear?

Thank you.
Erik