News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Can't Insert code in Product Page

Started by gtrhangar, January 05, 2012, 17:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtrhangar

When I try to insert a code for a form on the product page within the description and hit apply all the changes get erased and it reverts to previous.

As a matter of fact anything I do when in code view it deletes when I press apply!!!

Please Help

Joomla 1.5 and virtuemart 2.0stable

adham

it is an editor issue if you are using JCE or similar try with no editor does it do the same thing?

samsontumanyan

Joomla 1.7.2 and Virtuemart 2.0

It is impossible to insert neither code, nor text in the product description window. After some ammount a symbols, all what I entered is erased as soon as I pressed a save button. I tried JCE Editor, CK Editor, AND WITHOUT ANY EDITOR!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

adham

It might be a Joomla 1.7 issue as I can insert code in J 1.5 (HTML and PHP) maybe someone who have a J 1.7 can test and see

samsontumanyan

I had this problem only when I updated Virtuemart on my site to version RC3 and then 2.0.0 Final from Virtuemart RC2M.
Before update it's all right!
What was changed in the code? What was happened? Please, somebody, help!
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

jenkinhill

IIRC this was found to be a security problem. The entry is now sanitized to ensure that VirtueMart is as secure as possible, will pass PCI scans and will not represent a security hole for the future. Personally I would like to be able to insert Joomla plugins into the description text, as with VM1.1
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jenkinhill

Max, neither loadposition for modules nor Joomla plugins work in the product description text although "Enable Joomla Plugin " is selected. (J1.7)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

samsontumanyan

Hi, can you need help with testing Virtuemart 2.0 on a real site? I can help you find errors.

samsontumanyan

Sorry, and what can I do to run some of editors? Thank's!

samsontumanyan

Please, help me. What can I change in code to get supporting plugins in product description?
Thank's a lot!

PRO

do any html changes work? if not, its going to be because you are not admin (look in shoppers)

samsontumanyan

Hello!
Thank's a lot for your reply.
Yes, I'm an admin.

I had build the shop using Joomla 1.7.2 and Virtuemart RC2. Till RC2M version I haven't any problem with product's description's: I just copy/paste descriptions from other sites, and all is right.
When Virtuemart 2.0.0 is released, I maked a backup of whole site, and updated it to RC3, using ALL instructions for update from RC2M to RC3, then I updated it to 2.0.0 version.

After that, when I test site, when I was opening product (in frontend, and in backend), whos description contained HTML, the browser page goes not responding until I closed page.
After that I'd removed ALL Formatting from descriptions. Now, without styling, I can save in product description some text, but, when I trying to insert HTML styled content, it was cutting a lot of text when saving, and not responding.
I try most recent versions of CKeditor, JCE - but problem still exist. You can see www.pc-electronics.am site, for example, printers.

Sorry for my bad English.
If you can help me, I can answer to any your question.
Thank's!

Best regards,
Samson Tumanyan, Yerevan, Armenia.

samsontumanyan

Can anybody help me or no?
Thank's a lot