News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Revenue Report doesn't appear to work

Started by johnwills, January 05, 2012, 15:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnwills

I have two orders with Status of shipped (order date 4th Jan 2012 - marked as Shipped on the 5th Jan 2012).

When I run the revenue report for example the last 30,60,90 days etc with status shipped (tried all the other status options also) nothing shows.

Joomla 1.5 - VM2.0.0

[attachment cleanup by admin]

sydneyartschool

Milbo

So it is everything working, except when it is set to shipped?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

atb

Hi,
Is there any development to report on this issue?  Anyone else have the same problem? 
I too do not seem to get any items listed under the Revenue Report, no matter what filters are set.  The original test site had a number of orders listed (with differing statuses), but none of them show. 
The ONLY occassion that a report is shown is on its initial selection - today's report is shown.  If ANY change is made to ANY filter item then the report disappears, even if one goes back to the original set of items.  Again, if say "Orders" is viewed, the "Revenue Report" for Today will show again, but only briefly !

Joomla! 1.7.3 Stable/VM2.0.1a (&2.0.0), IE8 (but also same result when JM 1.7, VM2.0)

Milbo

Hmm strange, should be fixed in 2.0.0a.We found an error and removed it. Okey, we will take another look, then.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

incolor

Confirming that in J251 + VM201h, I cannot get any non-zero results using any combination of filters.

delroy

Confirming, J174, VM201h the revenue report is not working with any filters, thanks

Merry

Quote from: delroy on February 15, 2012, 18:21:11 PM
Confirming, J174, VM201h the revenue report is not working with any filters, thanks
Confirming that I cannot force revenue report to work with any filters or any change in Orders Status in 2.0.2 with Joomla 2.5.2, thanks.

Merry
Answer is probably from my VirtueMart 2 User Manual ebook, includes FREE updates. FREE Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Quick Install Guide & 30-Minute Quick Setup Guide http://showmeguides.com/

vasiljevski

Is there a fix for this or does it need some major changes?

I used the latest code from SVN and it seems that filter in Revenue Report work now. But I cannot just update the whole code on my site.

Can anyone localize this issue and let us know what file or functions we need to update to fix this?

Milbo

You must do that anyway vasiljevski, next release is a security release, every one should take it. Use overrides and just update your whole code, yes.

vasiljevski

celticwebs

J2.5.4  VM 2.0.6

I seem to have a similar issue, the reports seem to bear no resemblance to actual sales. 

Take today for example, there are 6 confirmed orders nothing else in orders, I go into the revenue report and it says there are 12 orders, then select confirmed in the filters and that changes to 11.  I have no idea where it's getting the details form but it's definitely not working correctly.  It's completely useless.

Is there a fix for this ?  Is there anything I need to set to get it to function correctly?

AlesD

J2.5.4 VM 2.0.6

I found problem in reports also. Today I got 1 order containing:
Product1 = 70 USD
4 pcs Product2 = 245 USD x 4 = 980 USD
Shipment = 100 USD
Total = 1,150 USD

But report says:
Orders = 2
Pcs sold = 5 (this s the only correct info in report)
Total amount = 315 USD

FAULTS OF REPORTS:
ORDERS counts number of different products on todays orders, not the amount of orders.
TOTAL AMOUNT counts 1x70 + 1x245 = 315, which is far less than real order 1x70 + 4x245 = 1,050.

My personal feeling: That's why I'm still disappointed by our orders after we moved our shop to VM2. I still feel, that we sell less than before on VM1. If people buy more than one piece, we can not see it on report.

Is it the right solution to buy Interamind VM reports?

celticwebs

I agree the reports section needs some serious work, as it is now it may as well be completely removed, unless I'm doing something very wrong it's just useless.

I has really hoped to be able to pull out reports that were useful like how many confirmed orders in a certain period worth how much in total sales value.  then narrow it down further to how many of a certain product were in those confirmed orders.

I guess it's just low priority at the moment :(