News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

AceSEF w/Component Router stops Add to Cart.

Started by sneadm, October 03, 2011, 16:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sneadm

I am running Joomla 1.7.0, AceSEF 1.7.0 and VM 2.0.0-RC-2G.  When I enable AceSEF and select Component Router for the extension, the Add to Cart function ceases to operate.  Nothing happens when I click it.  If I disable AceSEF and use Joomla Core, it works fine.  It also fails to work using the AceSEF extension for VM from JoomAce although they report that it has not been upgraded yet for the new version.  I'm not sure if this is your issue or theirs.  I've posted a thread in their forum as well.  http://www.joomace.net/support/forums?func=view&catid=55&id=24209#24251

Thanks

PRO

this is an Acesef problem.

ALSO, why use it for virtuemart when virtuemart 2.0 has built in Joomla SEF?

design609

Hi
I can confirm I have the same problem. (J 1.7.3 VM 2.0 (stable) aceSEF 1.7.3)
@BanquetTables.pro : Fine that Virtuemart 2.0 (stable) have build-in SEF, but the problem arise when you want rest of your site (not the shop) to run SEF and use a 3.party component like aceSEF to handle that for more control than Joomla offers. Then your shop no longer have the possibility to run with SEF (have to be disabled from within aceSEF admin or the "add to cart" button not work)

They state:
http://www.joomace.net/support/forums?func=view&catid=71&id=24209#24209
" Re: Support for VirtueMart 2.0.0
That may be an incompatibility with SEF components, tell them to inculde the format=raw into the Add to Cart link and pass it through JRoute class please."

Is that true? (and would that also concern other SEF 3. party components)
- and is there any plans to include this in the future?

- Anyone have been using other SEF 3.party componets where this is not an issue?

- Any workaround?. Can this be done by changing some core files? (bad solution. but better than nothing)

Looking forward to any feedback
Cheers