News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Template problems

Started by sklaujb, January 03, 2012, 10:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sklaujb

Hi, I need help on the templates using VM2. Here is my problem which I just don't know why......... :(
I have 2 template styles from a single template in my joomla site. One is for the home page and one for the rest. As I go into categories browse page, everything is still in order but if I go into a single category with the product flyout, the template show up is my home template style which is not what I wanted. I have not assigned this template style to the virtuemart menu item and now I am just lost as to why this is happening.......I am hoping someone could help me out here...........

PRO

in your vmart config, you can choose your default joomla template

sklaujb

I did but once I choose a category to go into the product flypage, the template somehow use back the home style layout. Another strange thing that occur is that if I set my site template as the default shop template from the config, it gives this message"The choosen template couldnt found on the filesystem: Cengreen2", Cengreen2 is the template i am using and why VM is not finding it on the filesystem??........I am really confuse rite now........

timoleon

Hello there  guys I have just the same problem... The choosen template couldnt found on the filesystem: (template name)
please help....

ShowLiFE

Hello
Try the following settings:
VM -> Configuration -> Templates -> Template for shop (your template for VM)
                                                   -> Template categories (Use global setting Joomla)
For the categories: category template (your template for VM)
In a Joomla settings for default template for VirtueMart menu item
Best regards ShowLiFE

timoleon

hi ShowLiFE  thank you for your replay...  it helped but not 100%  I still have the same problem when I see my cart... 

thank you in advance

timoleon

as I don't have yet a specific template for my virtuemart
I made this configurations
VM -> Configuration -> Templates -> Template for shop (Use global setting Joomla)
                                                   -> Template categories (Use global setting Joomla)

thank you

sklaujb

Thanks but it still doesn't solve mine......i think the problem I have here is more on the style of the template created from my joomla template, somehow it keeps going back to the template style that I don't prefer even though I didn't assign that template style to the VM menu item. Hope you get what I mean, anyone can help me out?..........

ShowLiFE

Hello
Yeah I figured it was the right setting:
VM -> Configuration -> Templates -> Template for shop (Use Global Setting Joomla)
                                                    -> Template categories (Use Global Setting Joomla)

sklaujb
I suggest that you temporarily set your default template beez_20 and find out if work fine if it works ok really a problem with your template.
If you have a problem with page numbering, you can write because I have this problem solved soon.
Best regards ShowLiFE

jenkinhill

sklaujb are you using Joomla 1.7.3?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sklaujb

Hi jenkinhill, yes I am using Joomla 1.7.3 and VM2.

Showlife, if you are referring to the default template setting for the VM shop, I have tried and it was the correct template used when I first go to the VM Store which has the categories layout from the menu link. But if I go into individual category from there, it goes back to my home style template.

PRO

sklaujb, sounds like you need to go the other way. Set your vmart template as main. THEN, assign ONLY the homepage template to he homepage menu item.