News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How to show VM on Frontend..

Started by MrMcBobIT, January 03, 2012, 04:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMcBobIT

Hello All.. As you'll probably tell from my post here, I'm extremely new to Joomla so please bare with me.

The website I'm working is for a friend, we purchased a template from monstertemplate.com and I've been adding content.  I've got most of it done, with a few tweaks needed here and there.  One of the last things we need to setup is a storefront.  I found VitrueMart via the Joomla Extension page and it seems like just what were looking for, very robust and very configurable.  I'm going through the the user manual to setup the back-end which is extremely helpful.  However I have no idea how to actually get the storefront to show up on the main page so folks can browse the items he has for sale.

After installing VM I see I have several new VM modules in the module manager, they were all assigned Position 4, however my template didn't come with a position 4.  Basically what I'd like to do is simply associate the storefront with the menu link we have at the top, which is called "Merchandise".  I created an article an associated that to that specific menu item, however I'm not sure how to associate all the VM Modules into that.

Hopefully its a simple thing and I don't have to try and modify the template, not sure I can do that.  If anyone has any suggestions or documentation you can point me to please let me know.

Thanks,
Bob

rooney

After creating a menu link, you can view your modules by assigning them appropriate positions(as defined in your template) and make sure they are assigned on all pages.

jenkinhill

MrMcBobIT do you know which VirtueMart version you are using? This forum section is for VirtueMart 2
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MrMcBobIT

@jenknhill...Yes, version 2.0.  In the back-end control panel it indicates I'm running the latest version.

@rooney.. The installation of VM created several new Modules and auto assigned them Position 4, however the template I have doesn't have a position 4.

Thanks,
Bob

PRO

Quote from: MrMcBobIT on January 03, 2012, 16:08:15 PM
@jenknhill...Yes, version 2.0.  In the back-end control panel it indicates I'm running the latest version.

@rooney.. The installation of VM created several new Modules and auto assigned them Position 4, however the template I have doesn't have a position 4.

Thanks,
Bob

you can change the position to one thats in your template

why not change the link to merchandise to the "virtuemart default" layout?

MrMcBobIT

I can't change the position to one of the existing in the template because all those are being used.  However I do like the idea of changing the merch link to the VM default layout.  Any suggestions on how I do that?

Thanks,
Bob

PRO

there can be multiple modules in same position.

For example "Left" can usually hold as many as you want