News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Setting up payments for beginners

Started by neilblake, January 02, 2012, 23:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neilblake

Hello. I'm very new to this so I apologise if it seems silly but I could really do with some help.

Just spent the last few days learning Joomla and now wanting to use VirtueMart. Have installed everything just fine and the only 2 things things i'm stuck on is taking payments and shipping.

I'm running version 2.0 but can only seem to find a manual for 1.1.

Anyway would someone be able to give me dummies guide to taking payments and shipping please or point me in the right direction? For example with payments do I need some sort of terminal or do I need an extra plugin? I've made a new standard payment method with VirtueMart but where do I go from here?

Also with shipping i'd ideally like a set price to shipping. How would I set this up?

Really appreciate some help.

Thanks.

Stephen Roberts

VM2 currently comes with 2 payment plugins and 1 shipping plugin. These plugins are installed like regular Joomla! plugins, but they are configured in VM2. To add a shipping/payment method:

1. Go to Shop -> Shipping Methods or Payment Methods.
2. Add a method and select which plugin you would like to use.
3. After saving, click on the "Configuration" tab and configure the plugin for your use. Whether a method shows up to the user depends on how you configure it.

That should get you started. Also, VM2 was just released so there is no manual just yet.
Sell downloadable (virtual) products in VirtueMart 2 and deliver downloads via local server, Amazon S3, and more! http://www.digitollsoftware.com