News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

vm2 custom fields/attributes

Started by fire47, January 02, 2012, 20:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fire47

Hi I need some help with custom attributes.  I am selling tshirts and have my settings as below.  I have two problems.  One is price doesn't show all the time.  Second is in the drop down it says "Adult Small : Free" which is a problem.  It should give the real price or say no extra charge. 

One more thing...I also don't have the size/attribute choice displayed on the purchase orders page.  Help!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

fire47

Quote from: adham on January 05, 2012, 09:01:25 AM
To remove the word Free http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=92944.0   ;)

Thanks, that helps!  No if I could only get the other attributes figured out.  I've looked through the docs but they didn't help.

fire47

fire47

Bumping after a week...still need help!

Joseph Kwan

I guess there are still issues in the custom fields module. Will need to wait to the next release.
Joomla/VM Upgrade Services. Problems with your migration? We can help.
Custom extensions to VM. Performance Tuning. Template modifications and advices.
Pay service to make VM work according to your needs. Your Joomla/VM solutions are just a PM away.

fire47

Quote from: Joseph Kwan on January 23, 2012, 21:23:09 PM
I guess there are still issues in the custom fields module. Will need to wait to the next release.
How do I confirm that vs something I have setup incorrectly??

Joseph Kwan

I guess you have tried to follow the procedure prescribe in the wiki. If it doesn't work, this most probably is a coding problem. Or maybe the custom field module is too complex for common user at its current state.
Hopefully, the new release will make it easier.
Custom extensions to VM. Performance Tuning. Template modifications and advices.
Pay service to make VM work according to your needs. Your Joomla/VM solutions are just a PM away.

fire47

I've read through it multiple times, yes.  I believe I have it setup correctly but the sizes still don't show on the order page.

Can you tell me the -best- way to setup products (such as tshirts) that have different sizes, additional cost for larger sizes, and have the option to track inventory?

Joseph Kwan

The wiki already has description of how it is supposed to be done.
However, as there are issues with the plugin, there needs some coding work to be done. (that can be extensive).

fire47

unfortunately the wiki doesn't answer my question...

fire47

jenkinhill

Your original issues have had fixes for a long time. The list on the news item soes not cover all fixes made for 2.0.2 - http://virtuemart.net/news
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

fire47

Long time?  Isn't is the first production release since 2.0???  Where is the full list of changes/fixes?