News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

no order emails to vendor

Started by bunglehaze, January 02, 2012, 13:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunglehaze

I have found another issue with stable that wa sno there in RC3. Each time i place an order the vendor confirmation email is not sent, paypal confirmation comes through though as does new user registration details - everything BUT the order itself which is required for my shipping. Any ideas?

bunglehaze

Bumping this one as no replies. It would appear that the VM Standard payment plugin sends email out but anything ordered via the PayPal plugin goes missing or not sent out. Any ideas?

alatak

Hi,

Sorry i did not answer before. i will have a look at it.

wschouten

Quote from: bunglehaze on January 02, 2012, 13:11:39 PM
I have found another issue with stable that wa sno there in RC3. Each time i place an order the vendor confirmation email is not sent, paypal confirmation comes through though as does new user registration details - everything BUT the order itself which is required for my shipping. Any ideas?

Same problem here, need an answer to this problem fast.

timoleon

I have the same problem...  please help...

bunglehaze

Any headway on finding the source of the issue Alatak? I am missing customer orders off occasionally because the mail does not get to me.

iFadi

me 2, when someone orders something with Paypal, i dont get any email confirmation nor the customer.

sydneyartschool

bunglehaze

For some very strange reason the order emails are not being sent 99% of the time, occasionally though one actually arrives. I have eliminated filtering as SPAM by turning off any interception on the mailbox and setting up a dedicated mailbox for the orders too, interestingly though I found something else while tesing this : if I place an order through a free mail service (google or yahoo tested) any mail from the shop gets marked as spam straight away. I am not sure if there are any settings within VM that would stop this from happening as it may be a contributing factor on some people's sites.

Other than that are there any areas of the shop I should look in to in order to try and diagnose the issue as I need to get this resolved pronto.

regards

bunglehaze

Another thing to add: I changed the storeadmin user in the backend to use the new email address, since doing this I am getting a couple of different mails and messages on test orders:

First of all, on completion of the order and Paypal transferring back to the site I am seeing this above the payment complete message:

QuoteYou must provide at least one recipient email address.
Language string failed to load: invalid_address: Language string failed to load: invalid_address: You must provide at least one recipient email address.

That looks to me as though the site has 'lost' the recipient of the order email, whether that be the user which I doubt because my user order confirmations are still coming through fine but most likely it would appear that VM does not see a user to send the admin order confirmation through to - I may be wrong but this is where the results are leading me.

Secondly I am getting a confirmation email for the order status change that just has a load of missing language:

QuoteCOM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STATUS_CHANGE_SEND_MSG_1
COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_HISTORY_COMMENT_EMAIL:
Your payment for order 046e6a6b has been confirmed by Paypal

COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STATUS_CHANGE_SEND_MSG_2 Confirmed

COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_MAIL_SHOPPER_YOUR_ORDER_LINK

Any chance a developer can take a look at this please? It has been 13 days since the last dev input and 16 since the original message, half a month operating a store with no admin mails is getting frustrating to say the least and without any dev feedback I cannot even know if I am looking in the right places for a fix.

regards

bunglehaze

A quick update, since i changed the vendor (storeadmin) in the backend I can no longer editstore, it goes through to shopper details and not the editstore page. It would appear in this case that my fears were correct and that by adjusting this in the backend I have forced VM to 'lose' its store owner details and as a result a person to email to.

Any chance someone could advise me the best way to set this back using phpMyadmin please? Once I have sorted that i can check if the recipient email address issue goes away and move on to the missing language files.

I have looked in the db and cannot see what needs to be changed, in "jos_virtuemart_vmusers" the userid 63 is set as vendor and has storeadmin perms, I have two addional tables "jos_virtuemart_vendors" and "jos_virtuemart_vendors_en_gb" with two different entries in and neither of which appear to contain any actual user data

That is of course if I am correct in the way that the storeowner actually works in VM2 - why did it have to be changed to such an odd format from VM1?

design609

Hi
VM 2.0 Joomla 1.5.25 and also Joomla 1.7.3
I got my mails going to admin (order confirm) and to customers (their order confirm). Thou this is through a simple invoice payment and not the PayPal, so do not know if it is different.

I made sure to use a email: info@mydomain-wheremyVMis.com
- In the Global configuration
- In Shop-> General user information

- In Shop->Additional information my Vendor is set to "Admin" NOT storeadmin

Might help these settings.

PS. @bunglehaze
Maybe make a new admin account in Joomla user-manager and login with that account to set up a new Shop-vendor ect. ? - Just an idea

Cheers

bunglehaze

I reset my vendor already but the "You must provide at least one recipient email address.
Language string failed to load: invalid_address: Language string failed to load: invalid_address: You must provide at least one recipient email address." still occurs upon completion of a sale.

I am now waiting to see if I get the admin confirmation but with the error message I am assuming that it will not be coming still.

With the additional people also reporting the same error I am a bit disappointed that there has been absolutely NO response from a dev on this issue. I even went through and checked Alatak's online status yesterday to ensure i was not expecting a response from someone who was inactive.

sydneyartschool

I'm disappointed too.

Tried the fix posted by Revo in another thread but got the same garble coming through.

Can anyone tell us if they have solved this and how??