Author Topic: Virtuemart/Joomfish - Search working in multiple languages  (Read 7719 times)

• Antimatter-Studios
Virtuemart/Joomfish - Search working in multiple languages
« on: January 02, 2012, 12:07:39 pm »
This post is a continuation of this other post:;topic=21769.60;last_msg=291690

First, Thanks to Yves for putting me on the track of the final solution.

I've made this hack for a client with a virtuemart 1.5.x store, and I hope it helps someone else.
This hack is working perfect in:
  • Joomla! 1.5.23 Stable
  • VirtueMart 1.1.9 stable
  • Joom!Fish Version V2.1.7 (Dafad)

All the code to substitute are located in the shop_browse_queries.php file inside administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/.
As I have very changed this file in order to allow complicated filters, and allow store variables in the session, I put text to search inside the file
instead of number of lines, to look for the code to change, ok?

Look for...
Code: [Select]
$join_array = array( 'LEFT JOIN `#__{vm}_product_price` ON `#__{vm}_product`.`product_id` = `#__{vm}_product_price`.`product_id`' );and after this line insert this other code:
/***** Hack Alberto MultiLanguage *****/
if($keyword !='') {
$join_array[] = "LEFT JOIN `jos_jf_content` ON `jos_vm_product`.`product_id`=`jos_jf_content`.`reference_id` ";
/***** FIN Hack Alberto *****/

Look for all the lines like this one....
$sq .= "\n `#__{vm}_product`.`product_desc` LIKE '%$searchstring%') ";And substitute by this other one:
/***** Hack Alberto MultiLanguage *****/
$sq .= "\n `#__{vm}_product`.`product_desc` LIKE '%$searchstring%' OR ";
$sq .= "\n ( `#__jf_content`.`value` LIKE '%$searchstring%' AND `#__jf_content`.`reference_table`='vm_product' AND `#__jf_content`.`reference_field`='product_s_desc' )) ";
/***** FIN Hack Alberto *****/

You must have this change five times to allow the hack also work when using keyword1 and keyword2.

Nothing more.
Greetings and Happy New Year from Barcelona(Spain)

• Beginner
Re: Virtuemart/Joomfish - Search working in multiple languages
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 09:11:35 am »
Hi Hermes.
I have
   - Joomla! 1.5.26 Stable
   - VirtueMart 1.1.9 Stable
   - Joom!Fish Version V2.2.3 (Feng Huang)

I made the changes you mentioned and does not work :(

I have good tables "jos_", some suggestion???

Rosette Bravo

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 13:23:04 pm »
I have tried to find a solution to the forum, and I have not found it, so it resorts to the consultation, and that is that I am creating a store, which is practically translated Spanish-English. Pretty good, but being in English language, adding the product to the cart and authenticate (logging), I was going into Spanish (I have to go back to click the English flag to complete the purchase in that language.

We provide guarantee to pass network plus study guide gmat with online network+ exam exam training Sterling College itil and you can also get best quality Palm Beach Atlantic University mcat along with Northwestern University mcat for your guaranteed success.

GJC Web Design

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
  • Super Hero
  • Virtuemart, Joomla & php developer
    • GJC Web Design
  • VirtueMart Version: 2.6.22 & 3.2.2
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 16:40:49 pm »
with VM1.1 ??????
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers
VM3 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM3 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM3 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation