News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Cannot add products to cart

Started by alesbennetti, January 02, 2012, 08:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alesbennetti

Having installed version 2.0.0, Latest version 2.0.0, Latest release date 2011-12-19, and added all my products to the categories, I decide to check the frontend to see how the shop would function, but alas, try to add products to the cart and nothing is added. 

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ethosws

I am having this same problem and when I emptied the table _virtuemart_adminmenuentries the side VM menu in the administration area disappeared. The Add to cart is still not working. Before I did this when I clicked on the add to cart the site did nothing, now when I click on it the cart shows up on the page but it still is empty.

This is on two fresh intalls one with default template no sample information and one with all default sample data and VirtueMart sample data installed
Joomla Version 1.7.3

VirtueMart 2.0

jenkinhill

Why empty that table? That is for VM BE administration - nothing to do with the Add to Cart function. You must look for JS conflicts in FE template, menu or modules.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ethosws

OK I have a new install Joomla 1.7.3 with everything default (no added modules or templates) I then installed VirtueMart 2.0 latest stable version. Setup as per install and added three categories and one product. When I click ADD TO CART nothing happens. I uncheck "Using the Virtuemart jQuery" and click ADD TO CART it goes to the cart with no products in the cart.

With firebug on firefox I see this.

jQuery is not defined
[Break On This Error] })(jQuery)
vmsite.js (line 92)

jQuery is not defined
[Break On This Error] })(jQuery);
facebox.js (line 320)

jQuery is not defined
[Break On This Error] })(jQuery);
vmprices.js (line 111)

jQuery is not defined
[Break On This Error] jQuery( function($) {
index.php (line 23)

Again this is a basic install with default templates - no modules except VirtuaMart.

Thanks in advance
Joomla Version 1.7.3

VirtueMart 2.0

jenkinhill

Did you load VM with the default sample products?

url?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

ethosws

I have tried a couple different installs with and without sample data. I will send you a URL with admin login in a private message that way you can see what is on and off.
Joomla Version 1.7.3

VirtueMart 2.0

ethosws

Joomla Version 1.7.3

VirtueMart 2.0

PRO

If jquery is not defined. Its not loaded, turn on vmart jquery

ethosws

OK now don't get any error and it still does not work.

Lost?
Joomla Version 1.7.3

VirtueMart 2.0

PRO

turn on virtuemart product scripts

ethosws

I believe I have everything on but I am still having problems. Anyone have any ideas?
Joomla Version 1.7.3

VirtueMart 2.0

edv

Thats my problem too. Your server denies the access with DoubleEncoded special chars. I hav'nt an answer jet myself.
Somehow you have to alow this in your web-server-config or your firewall-config.

In Windows IIS its somewhat about "allowDoubleEscaping"

Hope this can help find the problem.

EDV
see my thread: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96639.0

Edit: if you are on iis6 and have a M$ firewall try to configure the HTTP policy with "verify normalization" -> "off"

ethosws

Joomla Version 1.7.3

VirtueMart 2.0