Disabling "Must agree to Terms of Service on EVERY ORDER?" doesn't work

Started by spacialek, December 30, 2011, 23:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

marklandry

Quote from: guimplenchik on December 13, 2012, 17:24:43 PM
Still the ToS field couldn't be modified... any plans to fix this? (VM 2.0.14)

I'm on 2.0.20 and same prob.  This issue is over a year old and should require a template override.  If enabling/disabling a feature is offered as part of the config params, it should work without any code adjustments.

jenkinhill

TOS is a protected Joomla field so must be unlocked for making changes to required etc - to unlock thye field see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=112563.msg378680#msg378680
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

amorino

Hello,
I have the same problem 2.0.18a

why should we make changes on core files ? after upgrade all that changes will go away

I simply don't want users to check the TOS but I still have a little checkbox behind the command button on the cart

How to disable that please?

Best regards
amorino
Création sites web Tunisie
http://www.idealconception.com

jenkinhill

You don't need to change core files - you are just doing some configuration changes. Use css to hide the checkbox in this version, add to your Joomla template css or custom css file depending on your site.

#tosAccepted {display:none;}
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

amorino

Hello,
if I hide it the command doesn't pass because it asks to check it
I tried this in the cart template

echo "<div style=\"display:none;\">   ";
               //echo VmHtml::checkbox ('tosAccepted', $this->cart->tosAccepted, 1, 0, 'class="terms-of-service"');
               echo VmHtml::checkbox ('tosAccepted', $this->cart->tosAccepted, 1, 1, 'class="terms-of-service"');
echo "</div>";

And it works ;)
Création sites web Tunisie
http://www.idealconception.com

Stonedfury

I opened MySQL and just made all the TOS settings to 0 so now I don't seem to have an issue. I replaced with a text box that claims "By confirming your purchase you agree to our "link" to shipping and returns. It's much easier than a check box and no excuse as it is in there face. :) Unless they are illiterate. :(
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

isabeaux

After the last update (or about) my shop stopped working for users that were not signed in (all browsers) BIG PROBLEM!
When clicking on "Check out" it would not let them go further without agreeing on the TOS but would not show the option to check the box. It worked fine for registered users.
My solution was (as described above - but probably not recommended) to disable the requirement of the TOS via the database (since the record is locked).
This seems to be working for now, but it's not ideal.
Maybe a fix in the next update?
Thanks
Tomás

VM 2.0.20b
VM Theme Shoplicious
Joomla! 2.5.11

PHP Built On    Linux localhost 3.2.0-38-virtual #61-Ubuntu SMP Tue Feb 19 12:37:47 UTC 2013 x86_64
Database Version    5.5.31-0ubuntu0.12.04.1-log
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.3.10-1ubuntu3.6
Web Server    Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface    apache2handler
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.11 Stable [ Ember ] 26-April-2013 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.31 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/26.0.1410.64 Safari/537.31

Using Gantry Rocket theme Clarion
Not using K2

Stonedfury

I did my database tweek a few updates back and vm update didn't overwrite it. YAY!! Maybe they could just give us the access through admin to make it how, we the users, want it to be.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

T.A. Garrison, LLC

Stonedfury - would you mind providing a little more detail on the changes you made to you database? I've just gone through everything I could find in the forums, even used the zip file with the "default.php" from jenkinhill.
Although I can get the checkbox hidden, and everything set up so there is no visual reference to TOS, when I click on "Checkout" (using the 1-page checkout), the error message at the top of the page keeps saying that I need to agree to the TOS.
Actually I get the message after adding something to the cart and inputting my name and address information. I go to the next step and see the message, "Please accept the terms of service to confirm".

In the VM settings, everything is de-selected in the templates, and the "agreed" settings are "ALL" disabled.
I've even gone into the db and verified that everything is "0"....but the message saying I need to agree still appears at the top.

I'm baffled...
T.A. Garrison, LLC
3150 Orleans St. # 28261
Bellingham, WA 98228

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

marsipulami

I've got Virtuemart Version 2.0.26d / Jommla 2.5.17 and still the same problem!
How can i disable the agree to the terms function?

My problem is still bigger now.
Equal on what i set in the shop configuration (must agree or not / Backend) it won't let me checkout in the frontend.
I've checked the box (agree to the terms..) in the checkoutprocess, but i get everytime the info, that i have to accept the terms of service.

Anyone a idea?

Thanks
Marsipulami

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK