News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

link to product datails

Started by D_L_I, July 29, 2013, 14:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D_L_I

Hi Guys,

I have a shop where products are belonging to 2 or more different categories. each category is assigned to a menu item. meaning you can access product A from 2 different menu items. right now every time I am going into the product details the link is different, once via menu item X and once via menu item Y.

I will elaborate to make it more clear:
the site is a jewelry shop. the products are categorized by product type (such as earrings, bracelets, necklaces etc), different types of sales, and manufacturers. there are different menu items displaying each one of the categories. so potentially a product can be part of 3 or more categories meaning 3 different menu items. right now (with the SEO feature enabled) every time that a page is refreshed the link to the product page changes, causing different layouts of the page (due to different modules that are assigned to one menu item but no to the other), multiple content and different breadcrumbs results.
I want that every time that I go into the product details page it will go by default to the category of the manufacturer (for different technical reasons I can't use the manufacturer feature of virtuemart).

does anyone have an idea how to fix that?