News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Catalog Mode for ONE Product, or Product Category

Started by thewitt, February 13, 2015, 06:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewitt

I would like to have the option to set one product as a Catalog product, where it does not have an ADD TO CART button, but simply a product description.

I could live with this by Product Category as well.

I assumed I could do this with a Template Override for the Product Category, however it does not appear to work as I assumed it would and just generates an Info error about my template settings being old.

Somewhere, there is a trick to this, but searching all the related links to the Joomla and VM Template systems has not yet turned up the answer.

Is it possible for someone to point me to a step by step description of how to install and apply a template override for Product Categories?  That might at least get me started in the right direction.

Running VM 3.0.4 on Joomla 3.3

Thanks,

-t

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

there is no trick - you copy the default prod detail template - rename it (lowercase, no spaces or underscores) and stick it in the over ride folder

edit to leave out the call to the add to cart sublayout

it appears in the prod detail  "Product Details Page" dropdown -> select it  -> job done
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

thewitt

Thank you, worked like a charm.  I ended up having to override sublayouts as well, but the process worked beautifully.