How do I get a faster redirect to PayPal after "Confirm Order"?

Started by zippygaloo, December 30, 2011, 08:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippygaloo

The checkout process goes smoothly, but after hitting the "confirm order" button I'm taken to a page that says"Thank you for your order" and a button "PayPal Click Here to Pay". The page then redirects automatically after about 5 seconds or so. Is there any way to make the redirect happen faster and/or not go to the than you for your order page first, but rather redirect immediately to the PayPal payment page?

Also, how do I get my logo to appear on the PayPal payment page instead of the company name (in text)? How do I change the text on the "return to..." link at the bottom of the PayPal payment. I realize these are both on PayPal's end, but I thought someone might have the answer.

alatak

Hi,

QuoteThe checkout process goes smoothly, but after hitting the "confirm order" button I'm taken to a page that says"Thank you for your order" and a button "PayPal Click Here to Pay". The page then redirects automatically after about 5 seconds or so.
There is no timeout of 5 seconds for the redirection.
To call Paypal that way, ie. send the data via a post is the most secure way fof doing it.
You can ofc modify the code to call directly Paypal.

QuoteAlso, how do I get my logo to appear on the PayPal payment page instead of the company name (in text)?
Yes i have to do that.

ZX81

Hi, I've got the same issue but I would like to change the 'PayPal Click Here to Pay' message to say something like 'Redirecting to paypal. If you've not been redirected within 5 seconds then click here to continue'. Where is this page so I can create a template override?

As, a side note, while waiting for redirection, the page background goes black so it's hard to read the message. It might be something to do with the template but if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

alatak

Hi,

I have done a change , and the redirection to paypal is i think a little faster.
I will add a key, so you can change the way you want.

ZX81

Great!  :D Thank you very much alatak. I look forward to that.