Virtuemart Component and Module - missing advanced sections / data output

Started by hydro, December 29, 2011, 22:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hydro

Virtuemart Component  - Version 2.0 December 2011
Virtuemart Module  - Version 2.0.0RC3 February 2011
Joomla 1.7.3

Sorry but I can't find where to post possible bugs for RELEASED versions of the product. i.e non Development!
Basically if your using the latest version 2.0 and installed the com_virtuemart.2.0.0 and , com_virtuemart_ext_aio.2.0.0, you may find sections mission in the modules or not working at all.

Easy fixes for minor bugs are: the section in some module's .xml file has a typo, i.e the word "group" is used when it should be "name".
so for example mod_virtuemart_manufacturer.xml , for the advanced fieldset section reads

<fieldset group="advanced">
                <field name="cache" type="radio" default="0"
         label="Enable Cache"
         description="Select whether to cache the content of this module">
                    <option value="0">JNO</option>
                    <option value="1">JYES</option>
                </field>   contd...

should read             <fieldset name="advanced">

I think these are minor bugs, but feel free to correct if they are not!

Other minor bugs might be....
mod_virtuemart_cart.xml (does not have an advanced fieldset or suffixes - not sure if that is intentional ),
mod_virtuemart_category.xml (MOD_VIRTUEMART_CATEGORY_PARENT_CATEGORY_ID (...i.e language file typo)
mod_virtuemart_search.xml, <fieldset group="advanced">, should be <fieldset name="advanced"> (note: their is a typo in 2 places)
mod_virtuemart_product.xml <fieldset group="advanced">, should be <fieldset name="advanced">, (note: there are several places but only 1 appears to be wrong)

Major Bugs: Product
The main component Menu Item - default layout - Latest products (does not display any content except a header bar)
The mod_virtuemart_product also doesn't produce any output - Latest Products. (using div or li)

regards

*******CORRECTION***********************
Latest Products seems to work...if you modify/trigger a product, i.e just edit and save one of default products when you first installed VM2