News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Virtuemart 2 not running after hosting website

Started by eduard_jazz, December 29, 2011, 13:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eduard_jazz

Hi guys, i was new here and need to ask about my website.

First time i try to make a e-commerce website at localhost and it working fine. after i hosting it, my website is working but when i try to click a product looks like virtuemart is not running and it says :

Not Found

The requested URL /en/component/virtuemart/index.php/en/virtuemart/2011-12-29-10-24-503 was not found on this server.

the config.php is ok (see the website is running).
i have add the categories, and product on admin and it works fine.

I have look around for solution, and it just working for virtuemart 1xx version.
please help me how to fix this.

the website is in here: testing.freshchicken.co.id

PRO

its going to be problems with your htaccess.

Its a sef problem. You probably need to recreate htaccess for the new domain.

eduard_jazz

can you show me some example? i dont understand how to create this htaccess...  :(

PRO

eduard_jazz

ok, i have disabel "SEF" first and not work. than i try to rename htaccess.txt to htaccess and it seems working. but there is some code error still appear like this after i klik the lingeries product :

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/sloki/user/k4463194/sites/testing.freshchicken.co.id/www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/connection.php on line 174

Warning: fopen(http://www.ecb.europa.eu:80/stats/eurofxref/eurofxref-daily.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/sloki/user/k4463194/sites/testing.freshchicken.co.id/www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/connection.php on line 174

are this because of htaccess change?

PRO

how did you move the website?

did you use akeeba?

eduard_jazz

i just move it manualy. rename the htaccess on spanel. i dont know about this akeba, what is it use for?

anyway i have a problem with add to cart to. this make me more confuse :(

PRO

download akeeba backup and move the site
https://www.akeebabackup.com/download.html

ITS the best way to move a site and make sure things dont get messed up

eduard_jazz

ok, i try it next time.

now the virtuemart just working on product details. but i cant add to cart. why when we do hosting make so much problem?  :'(

PRO

your problems could be from corrupted files when you moved the site.

whats the url?