News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Images not migrating

Started by je134, December 28, 2011, 17:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipes

UPDATE: Problem Solved in 2.0.6
Just missing that little code in javascript (like you have explained in some post before) that detects  in "Upload a File" > "Image Action" if we will going to upload any image/file from our Disk and change it automaticaly from "None" default position to "Upload" position... this option will be nice!!!

PS: I've found some problems in mod vm manufacturers.. i've created a topic explain whats happening to me... i dont know who's the member that could solve this problems to the next 2.0.3 .. if you could see that we thank you :)
here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98779.0

I will make also some other topics giving some ideas/sugestions to VM2..

Thanks again.. I (we) love the VM2! :)
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

esmark

Thanks, milosmilos for great idea. I didn't know how to migrate additional images, but this helps:

INSERT IGNORE INTO hwfnk_virtuemart_product_medias
SELECT null, a.`virtuemart_product_id`, `virtuemart_media_id`, 2 FROM `hwfnk_virtuemart_products` AS a
INNER JOIN `hwfnk_vm_product` AS b ON a.`product_sku`= b.`product_sku`
INNER JOIN `hwfnk_vm_product_files` AS f ON f.`file_product_id` = b.`product_id`
INNER JOIN `hwfnk_virtuemart_medias` AS c ON f.`file_name` LIKE CONCAT ('%', c.`file_title`)

Note: "hwfnk_" - this is my Joomla prefix. It should be replace to yours.

saviB

I got this to work and thought I would share. If you follow the migration directions EXACTLY, then it should work fine. I got to the point where everything migrated (but for attributes and additional images) but my images weren't associated with my products. To fix this, I first backed up my database, then downloaded its contents so I was sure I could replace my work. Next, I used the Reset Tables and Do a Fresh Install tool. This wipes out all the db data. Next, I used the synchronize media tool (be sure you have your product images in the right folders first!). I ran the Synch tool twice just to be sure.  Next, I set up the Shop information (currency - etc.). I also added in the original store admins shopper id. I then ran the migrator. It took 5 times to complete - but now I have everything I need! Well - everything that is possible to transfer. I hope that helps someone.

Outstanding product VM team, thank you.

ironlion37

Quote from: saviB on October 12, 2012, 16:30:37 PM
To fix this, I first backed up my database, then downloaded its contents so I was sure I could replace my work. Next, I used the Reset Tables and Do a Fresh Install tool. This wipes out all the db data. Next, I used the synchronize media tool (be sure you have your product images in the right folders first!). I ran the Synch tool twice just to be sure.  Next, I set up the Shop information (currency - etc.). I also added in the original store admins shopper id. I then ran the migrator. It took 5 times to complete - but now I have everything I need!

saviB, I'm at the same point. I can do the migration but can't get the images associated. A few questions about your post:

1. After using the "Reset Tables and Do a Fresh Install tool", do you reupload your db before running the media sync tool?
      a. When you say you backed up your db and downloaded its contents, are you referring to all the jos_vm tables?

2. Or are you saying you simply:
     a. upgrade successfully to vm 2.0 (with everything that involves)
     b. use the Reset Tables and Do a Fresh Install tool (presumably only affecting the new VM 2.0 db tables)
     c. use the Sync tool
     d. run the migrator